VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello.
    Apologies if this is the wrong forum.
    I have a set of VOB files that I'd like to demux and reauthor, as the DVD in question has a poor quality audio track and no subtitles.

I'm having trouble demuxing it with the software I have (PGCDemux, Vobedit, Ifoedit), I loaded it in Vobblanker, which tells me that the VOB files have no cells. There's nothing there to select.

Is there anything I may have missed, or anything I should try?

Regards.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do the vob files play in say VLC?
    If you look at one of the VOB files with MediaInfo what does it say?

If there really is video check your settings in PGCDemux or try ProjectX or MPEGStreamclip as the demuxer.
    Last edited by netmask56; 14th Apr 2014 at 00:54. Reason: typo
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. They play in MPC HC which is what I usually use.

What am I looking for specifically in Mediainfo?

I'll try a different demuxer just in case. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by architectofpain View Post
    I loaded it in Vobblanker, which tells me that the VOB files have no cells
    That only tells you there are no cells (chapters) and nothing about whether or not you can demux it or even if you're checking the right PGC.

Open the right VOBs in DGIndex. Scroll around to make sure it's what you want. Then go File->Save Project and Demux Video. That'll give you an M2V (the video), an AC3 (if that's the kind of audio it has) and a D2V file you can delete.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks.

I was able to demux most of it in ProjectX, the file came out missing 15 minutes, Loading the VOBs into DGIndex, DGIndex acts like I have not loaded any in there at all.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Glad you got it (mostly) solved. I have never had that happen using DGIndex so this must be one royally messed up DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I hope it's solved. Looking at the m2v's that came out of ProjectX, they're a few minutes shorter each than the VOB's that went in.

It does seem to have gotten pretty messed up somewhere along the line!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I always scratch my head and wonder where in the hell someone gets the idea to use confusing and complicated stuff like PGCDemux, Vobedit, Ifoedit and Vobblanker when DVDDecrypter is available.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    I always scratch my head and wonder where in the hell someone gets the idea to use confusing and complicated stuff like PGCDemux, Vobedit, Ifoedit and Vobblanker when DVDDecrypter is available.
    True! I tried DVD Decrypter and it didn't work for me this time either.
    I managed to get this completely demuxed, now begins the arduous task of syncing the audio.
    Quote Quote  
  10. If you're getting the M2V length by just playing it, you'll never be given the correct time by the player. My guess is that they're in synch already. You could confirm (or disprove) by muxing them back together using Muxman.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    If you're getting the M2V length by just playing it, you'll never be given the correct time by the player. My guess is that they're in synch already. You could confirm (or disprove) by muxing them back together using Muxman.
    True.
    In regards to the audio, the track from the video is not out of sync, but it's poor quality and also in an incorrect language.
    I have a better quality track in the correct language, but it's about 5-10 seconds shorter (it's not missing any dialogue, the audio from the video just has a delay because there's a few logos before the film starts).
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!