VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    i was sure i asked this question and searched but did not find it.

i don't use ff anymore because it got infected somehow with non stop-able popup ads and i can't get into it with figuring out how to remove that annoyance. i'm back to using Opera for some time now. i don't have popup problems anymore.

i know you can get add-ons and other such utilities to obtain these videos, but i want this for myself, plus as a backup method.

the way i obtain yt videos is through the Opera's cache folder--i just follow the latest foldername and date/time and watch it for when it adds the files and track them that way - later, i can automate this process - but in some cases i've seen Opera split the audio into a separate file. so now you even have separate audio and video. the videos are larger and the audio's are much smaller. its complicated for me because while the video is playing there are other things updating on the page and added to the same cache folder. i keep a vigalent eye on it but its not good. i even tried deleting all the folders. but when you do that, opera then utilizes the Temp folder and then "locks" the file. so i can't copy it as it is playing--file busy or in use by another app.

i want to create a seamless utility to do this for me.

i've been trying different ideas, and using my filejoiner app i'm still working on, sometimes i can, and sometimes can not because i can't get all the actual files related to the video playing in yt in the correct order to re-join.

has anyone else tried their hand it to figure out how to determine each file and reconnect them into one ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Complete Youtube Saver plugin for Firefox. You'll need to have ffmpeg installed too (for muxing).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i'm ok doing all this manually. it is for educational (and programming) purposes when using Opera. i don't use firefox anymore.

yes, ffmpeg was my first thought, for when the videos are separated, to mux the to together.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i've been closely observing the cache filder some more, and looking at each file via mediainfo (another tool i have a gui for) to examine the file to see if they are images, video, or audio. any that have complete info, is the "begining" part (see 01 and 07) of the file segments. now i just need to also know how to determine each files "ending" part (see 10 and 16) which is the data that i can use to say its the end or last part. its the in-between parts that might be tricky. obviously, i have to incorporate some bare-bones hex reader for each file. analyze what might be what part, couple that aspect with the files timestamp since each file can be an complete file (flash, gif, swf, cc, and so on) or a segment file. thus, something like the following:

Code:
    01 - opr017F3.tmp -  232k - audio, begining part
    02 - opr017F6.tmp -    1k -    gif
    03 - opr017F7.tmp -    1k - tmp
    04 - opr017F8.tmp -    1k -    gif
    05 - opr017DQ.tmp -    1k - tmp
    06 - opr017FB.tmp -    4k -    gif
    07 - opr017F5.tmp - 1108k - avc video, begining part
    08 - opr017FD.tmp -    1k -    gif
    09 - opr017FC.tmp -  117k - tmp
    10 - opr017FE.tmp -  232k - audio, ending part
    11 - opr017FG.tmp -   24k - tmp
    12 - opr017FH.tmp -   29k - tmp
    13 - opr017FI.tmp -    1k -    gif
    14 - opr017FJ.tmp -   43k - tmp
    15 - opr017FK.tmp -   27k - tmp
    16 - opr017FF.tmp - 1108k video, ending part
    edit: added the above media files for anyone that might want to see what i am working off from so far.
    note, please don't forget to scan the archive before opening since i don't use an antivirus software.

also, i already know what parts to rejoin/mux. this is just samples for your review or dissection on your own.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by vhelp; 13th Apr 2014 at 17:54.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!