I don't think any of the ffmpeg versions I have are compiled with OpenCL support, even though recent branches supposedly offer this option:

"When FFmpeg is configured with --enable-opencl, it is possible to set the options for the global OpenCL context.
The list of supported options follows:
‘build_options’
Set build options used to compile the registered kernels.
The specified index must be one of the indexes in the device list which can be obtained with ffmpeg -opencl_bench or cv_opencl_get_device_list(). ‘device_idx’
Select the index of the device used to run OpenCL code.
The specified index must be one of the indexes in the device list which can be obtained with ffmpeg -opencl_bench or av_opencl_get_device_list()."

When I go to my \kttmg\ffmpeg directory and type "ffmpeg" without arguments, I get this:

configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libcaca --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libilbc --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib

No indication of OpenCL support.

Has anyone gone to https://github.com/jb-alvarado/media-autobuild_suite to try building a version with the required support? The few hits from web searches I've seen suggest that any such efforts have not met with success.

I'm NOT a programmer, but perhaps some of you programmer types could suggest why this is hard, and what investment of time would be required to make this work. Of if someone has already pulled this off, a link to a Win32/64 build would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to offer some enrichment to someone that could gin one up for me!