VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just shot my first video with the Canon 70D and it looked fine on the camera but when I uploaded it to my computer the audio and video are out of sync.

When played with the windows player I have to push play and wait five seconds and it will be fine for about 2 seconds then it falls out of sync again.

I tried many different players and it was all the same.

I loaded it into PowerDirector 11 and it was still out of sync but if I pushed play and let it load for a few seconds it would stay in sync for about 1 second.

Someone suggested rendering it ( link here: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/361310-Audio-and-Video-Slip-Out-of-Sync?p=2314383&p...=1#post2314383) ... so I rendered it to mp4 from the origanl MOV and it works fine... after I let it load for a few seconds... it will play in sync in the mp4 format but's it's such a hustle and I"m not sure if the mp4 format is reducing the quality of the video... ugh

I'm not sure what to do at this point... it's really difficult to edit when it's not in sync on the computer

Any suggestions?

Just found this community by chance... wow you guys know your sh

p.s. what is the best format mkv / mov / mp4 for youtube videos.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sounds like your computer lacks the horsepower to render that avc/mov.......

Either transcode to something less intensive like mpeg-2, or start shopping for a more powerful CPU.

P.S. I usually upload mp4, but it shouldn't matter as YouTube will transcode all anyway........
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    sounds like your computer lacks the horsepower to render that avc/mov.......

Either transcode to something less intensive like mpeg-2, or start shopping for a more powerful CPU.

P.S. I usually upload mp4, but it shouldn't matter as YouTube will transcode all anyway........

So I basically have to upgrade my computer ... If I don't want to have to deal with rendering it before I edit?

I just want to make sure before I take it into the Computer shop ... and get taken for a ride lol. It's like you gotta know what you want or I get charged all these extras.

After just spending 1300 on a Camera to have better quality videos... the expense continues lol

On a side note... since you youtube... what software do you think is overall best. I'm new to editing and video. I'm using powerdirector now but it's hard to find tutorials on youtube due to it not being a mainstream product.

I want to do crop zoom in's, voice changes, black and white filters, picture and picture cool base editing stuff and move up from there.

Thanks for the knowledge ... your post on the last thread was spot on.

Whats your YT Channel so I can check it out!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My PC is over 6 years old. It's an Intel Q9300 2.5 ghz w/4GB RAM cpu running Win7 x64. It can handle my t2i clips just fine as well as 1080-60p AVCHD clips. I do most of my editing in Vegas Pro v10 with no issues. I also use many free apps extensively to achieve various goals.

I haven't uploaded anything lately, but here is my channel. It's mostly sports shot with AVCHD cameras:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSportrax/videos
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    My PC is over 6 years old. It's an Intel Q9300 2.5 ghz w/4GB RAM cpu running Win7 x64. It can handle my t2i clips just fine as well as 1080-60p AVCHD clips. I do most of my editing in Vegas Pro v10 with no issues. I also use many free apps extensively to achieve various goals.

I haven't uploaded anything lately, but here is my channel. It's mostly sports shot with AVCHD cameras:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSportrax/videos

Wow so my computer must be really out of date.

I wonder if it's cause I shot the video in All I low compression as opposed to high compression. This is the first time I've ever had these issues... I just want to make sure before I spend all the money on upgrades.

Your videos look really good.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by CreativeEditing View Post
    [Wow so my computer must be really out of date.
    In this forum, before any one can really chime in with his two cents, you must explicitly state the details of the computer you are using to do those videos with, much like racer-x did here. "Must really be out of date" is meaningless. No ifs or buts; take this seriously because it will guide well-meaning posters on what tips they can give that will be useful to your case.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by turk690 View Post
    Originally Posted by CreativeEditing View Post
    [Wow so my computer must be really out of date.
    In this forum, before any one can really chime in with his two cents, you must explicitly state the details of the computer you are using to do those videos with, much like racer-x did here. "Must really be out of date" is meaningless. No ifs or buts; take this seriously because it will guide well-meaning posters on what tips they can give that will be useful to your case.
    Cool, how do I go abut checking what kind of computer I have, I think that's the best thing to do to make sure as well

Update Got it:

Windows Vista Business

Memory (RAM): 2.00GB

Processor: Intel(r) Pentium(R)Duel CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz

System Type: 32 Bit Operating System

And I was trying to edit my Canon 70D AllI Low Compression Video (which I was told is the highest quality video setting on the 70D).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    good - one more thing, put that info into your account computer details. up top click view my then click edit my computer details. that will allow others to quickly see them.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Those specs look similar to my wife's laptop.

If you want to edit using that system, I would strongly recommend transcoding to intermediate codec for editing. You could go the paid route and use CineForm to convert to an easy to use slightly lossy avi. You can go the free route and use UTvideo or Lagarith lossless codecs. Or use ffmpeg to batch convert to high-bitrate mpeg-2 or Prores.

I never used PowerDirector, so don't know what it can handle.

If you want to experiment with free s/w, you can download ShotCut and edit the 70D files natively. It's a pretty good free editor in the very early developing stages. another free editor worth trying is LightWorks. It's high featured, but will only export to YouTube ready 720p mp4(free version). If you only export for YouTube, then this is right up your alley and should work natively with your 70D clips.

Here is a test export clip I made with LightWorks running in Linux:
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by racer-x; 12th Apr 2014 at 16:00. Reason: added video clip.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Those specs look similar to my wife's laptop.

If you want to edit using that system, I would strongly recommend transcoding to intermediate codec for editing. You could go the paid route and use CineForm to convert to an easy to use slightly lossy avi. You can go the free route and use UTvideo or Lagarith lossless codecs. Or use ffmpeg to batch convert to high-bitrate mpeg-2 or Prores.

I never used PowerDirector, so don't know what it can handle.

If you want to experiment with free s/w, you can download ShotCut and edit the 70D files natively. It's a pretty good free editor in the very early developing stages. another free editor worth trying is LightWorks. It's high featured, but will only export to YouTube ready 720p mp4(free version). If you only export for YouTube, then this is right up your alley and should work natively with your 70D clips.

Here is a test export clip I made with LightWorks running in Linux:

Wow, that's good info!

I want to stick with one editing system so I can learn it well... slow learner lol. I was thinking of switching to a Adobe video editing system due to all the Adobe tutorials on youtube.

I do vlog style comedy and REALLY have to have good stand out editing to make an impression... much of which I don't know how to do yet like... Quick Zoom In Cuts, Filters, Voice Changer and I ... think (not sure) some type of Adobe Suite can do it all.

Okay, I want to stick with my desktop with out having to go through all the hastle of converting files... It's already time consuming and I"m all about efficiency sooo.... I want to be able to cut through these videos like butter... after spending all that money on the 70D... quality is important to me... I think it makes videos "pop".

What should I tell the computer shop guy? Right now I'm running three monitors on this system so I'm good to go with the graphics card (i think lol) but not sure what to tell him ... I need. Don't want him to upsell me a bunch of stuff just cause I said "Video Editing" ... I can see his eyes light up now $$$ lmao.

Thanks guys
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!