VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been using Vegas Pro for at least a decade. I have a problem with slow rendering that has me truly stumped.

Test video is just 4 static photos like a slide show. Total running time 40 seconds. Overall frame count is around 250. No audio track.
    Computer is the latest Intel H87 chipset, i5 cpu running at 3.4 GHz. 16 GB RAM. Windows x64 with Vegas Pro 12.
    This was a clean install when there were almost no other programs installed, so it's about as clean an install as I could make it.

When I try to render this to a 1920x1080 WMV file on this computer, the CPU never rises above 10%. In other words, the difference in CPU utilization when rendering is negligible. This little video snippet takes over 12 MINUTES to render.

I took the same project to another nearly identical computer and the same project rendered in 58 second, and pinned the CPU for most of the render process.

I've matched all of the Vegas settings between the two systems. I've uninstalled Vegas from the slow computer and reinstalled it. There seems to be nothing to account for the massive under-utilization of the CPU, but I haven't found the cause.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. OK, I found it. Seems it just took posting the message here.

It turns out the Genie Timeline service was running. Even though it didn't show any additional CPU utilization, and even though it wasn't actively backing up any files, it had a severe effect of the rendering of Vegas Pro. I'll see if I can get any answers from them, but I don't have much hope. Just pausing the app seems to set Vegas free, so I'm happy about that.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!