VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have recently purchased a Panasonic HC-X920 camcorder which, as far as I can see, only records to the SDHC card in 1080/p,1080/50i, or iFame.In the record set up on the screen the rec mode options are 1080/50i ,under that there is PH,HA ,HG and HE 920.
    Otherwise the only other options are 1080/50p and iframe.
    In the printed basic operating instructions spec , under motion pic rec format it lists (AVCHD):AVCHD format version 2 compliant
    (AVCH 3D/progressive) [can record in 3D with 3D lens]
    (iFrame)
    Motion pic compression
    MPEG-4 AVCHD 264
    “ “ MVC/H 264 (AVCHD 3D )
    I set the record mode to 1080/p and have transferred a 4 minute recording via a card reader to my PC and edited it with Corel Video Studio X5 Pro as a test project in order to construct a workflow for future use.
    Initially, I want to copy the finished project to a usb stick that will plug into my set top blue ray player and so be watchable on my HD TV .When I have conquered this method , my intention was then burn a “hybrid” video to a standard DVD that will give good quality playback via a blue ray player.
    At this point , I am not confident about blue ray compliance or whether this will be an issue at all-am I correct in assuming that a 50 fps frame rate is not compliant but 25fps is ?Where do I go from here-help please
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    AVCHD version 2 supports 50 fps but a more relevant question would be whether your blu ray player, which you didn't name, supports AVCHD 2.0 at all. AVCHD support is not mandatory for blu ray player. Most seem to support it, but I suppose you could probably find a player that supports the old spec and not the current 2.0 one. Should you care, I would not expect a non-3D blu ray player to support 3D AVCHD at all.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My 3D blue ray player is a Pioneer BPD-140.it supports AVCHD,Blue Ray disc format version 2,rewrite version 3,BD ROM profile 5 and Blue Ray 3D amongst other formats.I understand that only 25fps is blue ray compliant.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!