VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can I take parts of two different movie DVDs and put them together, so that one section follows the other section on a new DVD?

I don't have any experience with this, and am hoping there is a software that I can buy that will do this?

Thanks for any help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, with a couple of caveats:

1. You cannot mix & match NTSC- and PAL-based material. One or the other (or re-convert one into the other first).*
    2. Multi-angle probably wouldn't work, as there are much more quirky restrictions on those.
    3. You would likely have a momentary PAUSE between clips (Different Titles, not just diff. chapters).
    4. You'd get glitches if you don't use whole GOPs.
    5. Be mindful of running time/filesize & bitrate totals so they all fall within compliant parameters, etc.

Off of the top of my head, I think that's it.

*(Technically, you can put NTSC in a different TitleSet from PAL on the same disc, but many authoring apps won't let you do it anyway, and many players will have problems with playing at the switch of one to the other).

I mainly use your standard Pro & Semi-Pro authoring apps, so couldn't tell you which Consumer or Freebie apps (whether authoring or re-authoring) could do this. All the Pro ones can.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Can I take parts of two different movie DVDs and put them together, so that one section follows the other section on a new DVD?
    In short, YES, as long as you maintain same specs either NTSC or PAL for the contents from both DVDs.
    Above reply covers all details.
    *(Technically, you can put NTSC in a different TitleSet from PAL on the same disc, but many authoring apps won't let you do it anyway, and many players will have problems with playing at the switch of one to the other).
    Some authoring program will allow you NTSC and PAL mixed contents DVD as NTSC and PAL bears different Title-Sets. But, most of the hardware player will confuse while switching NTSC to PAL and vice versa. First tile set will be played nicely, but more chances for getting second title-set skewed on screen.
    It always better to blend into same specs.
    Last edited by enim; 10th Apr 2014 at 01:31.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!