VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search PM
    First, when doing tests, one should ALWAYS start with a short segment (10-15 seconds, maybe occasionally up to a couple of minutes), to cut down on render times in the cycle.

The more I think about audio for your situation, the more I would suggest just demuxing the audio to the elementary stream (LPCM/WAV, AC3, DTS, MP2, etc) and then remux/author it with the revised video. IOW, KEEP the original audio. This keeps the original audio quality.

re: Video,
    Remember that FS videos start by being 60i, but each field is actually its own alternating view (L, R, L, R), so what you actually have is 2x 30p. When you do the reworking of the visuals, your output should be 30p (unless you ADD interpolation). Were you encoding to 60i or 60p, perhaps? A 30p file of 30 frames = 1 second, but that same 30 frame file encoded to 60i (psf in this case) or 60p would have to be mapped to 1/2 second unless told to interpolate the in-between frames. Methinks your encoder got confused.

Never fear, these are all fixable.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    wow... this is getting way more complicated than I had originally thought! I've got over 20 of these things I wanted to watch... I may just see if I can't get that Bino XBMC plugin to work... I don' guess you know anything about that one do you? You've been such a big help with the rest of this it never hurts to ask, huh? lol...

I do appreciate all of your help though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Post about 10 seconds of your source. Something with moderate motion and obvious 3d. I'll take a look at it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This should be a good sample. I ripped this off the original disc to an ISO image using K9-copy and then, using the same program converted that to AVI using x264 as the video codec and the audio codec set to 'copy' if any of that matters/helps. Thanks.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh, I just tried the video I converted last night on my TV and I wanted to update some information. First, I figured out what the problem with the audio is... The audio is right, and it is full length normal speed - that is why the video file itself is as 30 minutes. I thought there were portions missing, because when the guy was talking, there was no voice, but that is because the audio and the now double-speed video no longer matches up.

The video, instead of being full screen is only taking up 1/3 of the screen in the middle left to right (top to bottom is full). Now, the 3d effect is working great, so if the vide filled the whole screen, it would be awesome!

Does that add any to the mystery?
    Quote Quote  
  6. That AVI file is in poor condition. You encoded interlaced video with x264vfw as if it was progressive. That has caused the colors of the two fields to blend together. The source is 29.97 fps and after running the StackVertical() script it is still 29.97 fps. So the frame rate hasn't changed.

Code:
    AviSource("test.avi") 
    SeparateFields()
    StackVertical(SelectEven(),SelectOdd())
    There might be a problem where AviSynth doesn't realize the final video is progressive (since we used SeprateFileds()). That might confused MeGUI or whatever you use to encode. To make sure that's not a problem add AssumeFrameBased() to the end of the script.

I recommend you use DgDecode to work with MPEG sources. Index the VOB files with DgIndex, then use Mpeg2Source() in AviSynth to open the index file.

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("test.d2v") 
    SeparateFields()
    StackVertical(SelectEven(),SelectOdd())
    AssumeFrameBased
    That will handle only the video. DgIndex will extract the audio as an AC3 elementary stream when it builds the index. You can just mux that AC3 audio with the final video.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I will read through the DGIndex/Decode instructions tonight, but I think this may be getting little over my head! lol
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sammyll2 View Post
    Nice... but that ain't got jack to do with my problem!
    Last edited by Baldrick; 19th Apr 2014 at 03:13.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Spammers...what can I say.

Try this (assumes you are running 32bit version):

1. Install AVISynth
    2. Install the DG plugins into the AVISynth\plugins folder
    3. Install DVDDecryptor
    4. Rip the movie w/ the decryptor in IFO mode so you get the main movie and use unlimited VOB filesize & settings so you get just 1 VOB as output. While you are at it, extract a demuxed raw/elementary stream of your Audio (AC3, MP2, LPCM/WAV)
    5. DO NOT CONVERT TO AVI first!
    6. Run your ripped VOB through DGIndex.exe and generate your movie.d2v file
    7. Create an AVS script that looks like this:
    Code:
    LoadPlugin ("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\DGDecode.dll")
    LoadPlugin ("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\Mpeg2Dec3.dll")
    InputVid=MPEG2Source("PATH\movie.d2v")
    SeparateFieldsVid=SeparateFields(InputVid)
    TaBVid=StackVertical(SelectEven(SeparateFieldsVid), SelectOdd(SeparateFieldsVid))
    TaBVid=AssumeFrameBased(TaBVid)
    return TaBVid
    8. Use the movie.avs script as your source file into your encoder (Virtualdub, MEGUI, Handbrake, HCEnc, etc), probably HCEnc (since that is MPEG2)
    9. Encode as Progressive (since you have removed the interlacing) 29.97 (assumed since you are in USA=NTSC).
    10. Author a new DVD with the newly-encoded reworked Video and your original audio.
    11. Watch in 3D & Enjoy!

Scott

I just ran this through one of my own FS copies, so I know it works.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    lol... thanks. I will try that this weekend and let you know
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I installed the DG plugins from the link in your previous post - DGDecode - but there is no Mpeg2Dec3.dll file in that package. I found that here - http://nic.dnsalias.com/mpeg2dec3.html - hopefully that is the correct file. Anyway... I followed step by step up until step 8. When I loaded my avs file:

Code:
    LoadPlugin ("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\DGDecode.dll")
    LoadPlugin ("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\Mpeg2Dec3.dll")
    InputVid=MPEG2Source("VTS_01_1.d2v")
    SeparateFieldsVid=SeparateFields(InputVid)
    TaBVid=StackVertical(SelectEven(SeparateFieldsVid), SelectOdd(SeparateFieldsVid))
    TaBVid=AssumeFrameBased(TaBVid)
    return TaBVid
    into either MeGUI or HCenc, I get the following error:

Code:
    MPEG2Source: couldn't open file (X:\videos\DVD_temp\VTS_01_1.avs, line 3)
    Here are the files in that directory:
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Derek>dir X:\videos\dvd_temp
     Volume in drive X is VBOX_derek
     Volume Serial Number is 0000-0801

Directory of X:\videos\dvd_temp

04/20/2014  01:01 PM               69,632 VTS_01_0.IFO
    04/20/2014  01:25 PM             331,937 VTS_01_1.d2v
    04/20/2014  01:30 PM                   346 VTS_01_1.avs
    04/20/2014  01:25 PM        60,528,384 VTS_01_1 T80 3_2ch 224Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3
    04/20/2014  01:26 PM                   589 VTS_01_1.log
    04/20/2014  01:25 PM        51,881,472 VTS_01_1 T82 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3
    04/20/2014  01:11 PM                   376 VTS_01 - Stream Information.txt
    04/20/2014  01:25 PM      203,877,972 VTS_01_1 T89 DELAY 0ms.dts
    04/20/2014  01:11 PM   2,114,258,944 VTS_01_1.VOB
                   9 File(s)  2,430,949,652 bytes
                   0 Dir(s)  56,245,293,056 bytes free
    In case it's important, I am attatching the dv2 file (as a txt file) as well.

BTW - I tried changing line three to include the full path name as well, but I still get the saem error.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I haven't ever encountered that, so I don't know what the direct fix ought to be. Sorry.

You could of course do a workaround by transcoding (without changing size, FPS, AR, interlacing, etc.) to a lossless AVI file whose codec is supported by AVISource or DirectShowSource.

I have encountered a "Not a clip" error a few times when I didn't expect it. Hard to track down (and sometimes requires re-installation), though sometimes it just occurred when I forgot to put that "return (clip)" line at the end.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  13. Make sure you aren't mixing 32 bit and 64 bit filters and programs. I recommend you use all 32 bit components since many filters aren't available in 64 bit.
    Quote Quote