VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I trying to burn a DVD from an existing folder. I have burned all my DVD movies to my pc in an uncompressed format using DVD Shrink. Each movie folder contains two sub folders named "AUDIO_TS" and "VIDEO_TS". The "AUDIO_TS" sub folder is always empty and the "VIDEO_TS" sub folder has a bunch of .ifo and .bup files. The folder created for each movie or tv show disk is approximately 4 gb or 8 gb in size. I have burnable dvd's that are 8 gb. How do I burn one of the movie folders to disk? By the way, it will not allow a drag and drop.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As I understand things, on really REALLY old dvd players, the machine 1st looks in the AUDIO_TS folder for sound track(s), then looks in VIDEO_TS folder for muxed sound. Without an AUDIO_TS folder, the machine just keeps looking for it (the AUDIO_TS folder) & never finds it, & just keeps looking, , , ,
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cornemuse View Post
    As I understand things, on really REALLY old dvd players, the machine 1st looks in the AUDIO_TS folder for sound track(s), then looks in VIDEO_TS folder for muxed sound. Without an AUDIO_TS folder, the machine just keeps looking for it (the AUDIO_TS folder) & never finds it, & just keeps looking, , , ,
    This is not really correct. Actually AUDIO_TS was created for the use of a future audio format that did not yet exist at the time of the creation of the DVD video format. That future format became DVD-Audio.

Now it is true that some old DVD players were known to just completely lose their mind if a DVD didn't have an AUDIO_TS folder on the disc, but that is because of bad firmware writing. Probably the standard requires the folder to exist to be compliant, even if never used, and the firmware should have be written to just ignore it altogether unless the player also supported DVD-Audio. Bad firmware would not be able to handle the absence of the useless folder and might just hang forever, not knowing what to do.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I believe ImgBurn still adds the AUDIO_TS folder automatically when burning a DVD, even if you don't. And the folder is so small it doesn't add to the DVD size, so no problem including it. And if you want to see the DVD specification to understand what BUP, IFOs and VOBs are, look to the upper left on this page for 'WHAT IS' DVD.

One item of note, a single layer DVD has about 4.37 GB of space and a dual layer about 7.95, if I remember correctly. ImgBurn will tell you if you don't have enough space. If you don't, the old program, DVDShrink is one good alternative to reduce the size.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Imgburn is perfect, and easy to use for burning. The only adjustment that I make is regarding burn speed, because of the software running on my machine, a burn speed of 12X produces a better disc than at MAX.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  6. i have to agree withthe others, imgburn is the way to go. It double checks the space available, the disk book type, the udf version, etc, and informs you if you do something wrong.
    Quote Quote