VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I know that there is a lot of experienced user who can point me at a good program to do it.

I want to reconvert a MP4 to MP4 and only change the H.264 profile from 5.1 to 4.0, please note that I don't want to change the Header or demux and then to remux to change it to 4.0, (I already tried). I want to re-convert keeping the same file size and quality. I tried using handbrake but a 1.90GB became 4.0GB. My settings were: Audio Pass-through and video Strict and constant quality 17.

Does anyone know a good program that can help me accomplish what I want?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Increase the constant quality for smaller size. Or use 2-pass encoding and set the bitrate to same as the source bitrate to get same output file size.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Increase the constant quality for smaller size. Or use 2-pass encoding and set the bitrate to same as the source bitrate to get same output file size.
    Thank you!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you want to keep the same filesize and quality, why do you need to reconvert your file? justo to change itīs profile? maybe a program like H264 Level Editor could help you. Good luck
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    But it sounds like abescalemais already tried that. Changed the headers data.
    Quote Quote