VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a gopro video which is rotated upside down. I rotated with avisynth, to make easier to cut. Of course I can re-convert than bring into Premiere, but for later projects, where quality will be matter, would be nice to frame serving somehow to Premiere Pro CC!

I created a fake AVI file with ffdshow's makeAVIS. I want to bring in Premiere Pro CC this fake AVI, but simply not work. PP says corrupted audio and video. However, x86 video players (mpc-hc, wmp) will play this fake avi files without problem.

It will open up endless possibilities if somehow possible to bring fake AVI files from avisynth into Premire Pro CC or Lightroom or Photoshop! DNG grading frame by frame in image groups in Lightroom, than bring this sequence by fake AVI from avs script into Premiere Pro CC! In theory this is nice, but some reason Premiere doesn't like the fake avi file...

Is it possible?
    Last edited by Lanti; 4th Apr 2014 at 18:25.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you should be able to do it with AVFS.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Though frameserving out of Premiere to an *.avs file is probably what mostly happens here, one can import and play these *.avs files in Premiere, too, by, for starters, installing Premiere avisynth plugin and importer.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  4. Most of these Premiere Pro import export AVS plugins are outdated. Last supported Premiere version was CS5.

I will try the AVFS way.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVFS should work. It worked on everything I tried, even in HitFilm. Depending on your source and the program you are using, you may need to add ConvertToRGB(24) at the end of your script for best compatibility.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  6. Is there any reason you can't make a lossless AVI (Lagarith, UT Video Codec, whatever) for opening in Premiere?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Lanti View Post
    Most of these Premiere Pro import export AVS plugins are outdated. Last supported Premiere version was CS5....
    I'm still using Premiere Pro CS5.0.3. But thanks to you I'll try AVFS.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  8. Can't you just open your GoPro footage in Premiere and flip it there? Did I miss something?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Can't you just open your GoPro footage in Premiere and flip it there? Did I miss something?
    Is it possible to flip it on the Source Monitor? Because if it is, than I don't need frameserving. Hard to choose sequences, when you watching the source upside down...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Is there any reason you can't make a lossless AVI (Lagarith, UT Video Codec, whatever) for opening in Premiere?
    Yes, free space.
    Quote Quote  
  11. ..double post
    Last edited by smrpix; 5th Apr 2014 at 11:00.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Lanti View Post
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Can't you just open your GoPro footage in Premiere and flip it there? Did I miss something?
    Is it possible to flip it on the Source Monitor? Because if it is, than I don't need frameserving. Hard to choose sequences, when you watching the source upside down...
    Just use your corrected sequence as a source. Drag it into the source monitor.
    Last edited by smrpix; 5th Apr 2014 at 11:07.
    Quote Quote  
  13. An alternative to MakeAVIS.

I used to use it quite a lot (although not with Premiere).
    Once it's installed you can right click on a script and select "wrap into AVI". I'd often extract the audio from the source, convert it to an AVI friendly format if need be, open the AVI created by avstoavi with VirtualDubMod, add the extracted audio, then save it as a new AVI using direct steam copy for the video.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote