VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there a way to play Native BDMV to a TV without loss of quality?
    I don't want to compress it into mkv, m2ts or any other sort. I just wonder if there is a way to do that and which hardware I should buy. I have 2T of native bdmv folders and I don't want to compress it. They play on my Mac with a blu-ray player, and now I want to play them on my TV WITHOUT LOSING QUALITY or SEEING THE MOVIE AS NUMEROUS CLIPS.

I tried with a PS3 and Serviio but there is a loss of quality and it breaks the movie into clips.

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Connect the mac directly to your tv?
    Quote Quote  
  3. How? You mean with a DVI cable?

Cause Apple TV or Chromecast doesn't allow me to play blu-ray movies on my mac and see them on TV.

Any other way that you are aware of?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Re-encapsulate them into ISOs, and then access and play the ISOs from a generalized media player (like WDTV, ROKU, etc) that works with ISOs.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Copy the folder BDMV into another folder named AVCHD and copy that to a usb drive formatted to fat32 and plug that into your ps3 and play them that way.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I can't copy a BDMV folder into a Fat32 drive cause the .m2ts file within the folder is over 4GB, usually around 25GB.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is exFAT or NTFS an option to replace FAT32? Not sure if that would work for you, but I like to avoid FAT32 whenever possible because of its limitations.
    The Guide scores in two important respects. Firstly it is slightly cheaper, and secondly it has the words DON'T PANIC inscribed in large friendly letters on its cover.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can copy the folder to fat32 if you reauthor,load the folder into multiavchd and output as avchd.It will make the files 1gb each so the folder can be copied to fat32.
    Last edited by johns0; 6th Apr 2014 at 14:10.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote