VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I downloaded a 3 min rar file.
    I used free rar frog extract, which resulted in a m2ts file with dts audio.
    That file plays on my pc but not my dvd player.
    I need to play it on a panasonic dvd player.
    I used multiavchd to convert it to a file i can burn to dvd.
    The program says it made a avchd folder.
    It says to burn the CONTENTS of that file to udf dvd.
    I used nero express to burn an avchd/dvd.
    I copied the contents of BDMV file which is in the AVCHD file.
    It won't play.
    What am I doing wrong? thanks!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. DVD players can only play SD resolutions. Even though you burned HD to a standard DVD (presumably correctly) you need a Blu Ray Player or compatible game console to play it.

You can author to a standard definition DVD using something like AVStoDVD and that will play, but it won't be as sharp.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm sorry. It is a Blu-ray player. Panasonic BDP210. I want to burn a AVC HD file to the DVD to play in the Blu-ray player
    Quote Quote  
  4. This is just a three minute video. I mainly concerned about the DTS 5.1 audio. Picture quality doesn't matter.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimbanville View Post
    I downloaded a 3 min rar file.
    I used free rar frog extract, which resulted in a m2ts file with dts audio.
    That file plays on my pc but not my dvd player.
    I need to play it on a panasonic dvd player.
    I used multiavchd to convert it to a file i can burn to dvd.
    The program says it made a avchd folder.
    It says to burn the CONTENTS of that file to udf dvd.
    I used nero express to burn an avchd/dvd.
    I copied the contents of BDMV file which is in the AVCHD file.
    It won't play.
    What am I doing wrong? thanks!!!
    The bold part is probably your mistake. You need to burn the BDMV folder itself and not the content only. If there is a certificate folder at the same structure level as the BDMV folder then include that too. So the disc should have a BDMV folder and possibly a Certificate one also. Also make sure to use udf 2.50 and not udf 1.02.
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    and try burn witg imgburn, see http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/9512-how-to-write-a-blu-ray-video-disc-using...rn/#entry88745 . just use a dvdr instead of bdr media.
    Quote Quote  
  7. My mistake. I clicked on the BDMV file to add and it shows all the contents in the Nero window. Some files are greyed out with a lock icon. A couple files are in normal black font. How do I know if a file is a certificate? I will try ImgBurn as well. Thanks people!!!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Followed the drections Did not work. I get "disc incompatible" on blu ray player. I used sony dvd-rw
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    DVD players can only play SD resolutions. Even though you burned HD to a standard DVD (presumably correctly) you need a Blu Ray Player or compatible game console to play it.

You can author to a standard definition DVD using something like AVStoDVD and that will play, but it won't be as sharp.
    AVS toDVD doesnt appear to support DTS. I need DTS
    Quote Quote  
  10. Could be a bit-rate problem as blue-ray material on a DVD should be 15 - 18 Mbits. I use 15 and that seems to work for me.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimbanville View Post
    My mistake. I clicked on the BDMV file to add and it shows all the contents in the Nero window. Some files are greyed out with a lock icon. A couple files are in normal black font. How do I know if a file is a certificate? I will try ImgBurn as well. Thanks people!!!
    Certificate is the name of a folder that is often created just like the BDMV folder. It depends on the program you use to create the avchd.
    The important part is to make sure you don't burn the individual files but all the folders in the avchd instead. Using ImgBurn in the burn window you should at minimum see a folder called BDMV but if there are other folders at the same directory level as the BDMV then they should be added also. Since you used multiavchd then there may be folders named AVCHDTN, HDAVCTN and IISVPL. Make sure to include those too. Remember to burn as UDF 2.50 and also that the disc will only play on a Blu-ray player.
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thanks for the reply. I used a program to convert it from m2ts to mkv, put it on a thumb drive and it worked! Thanks again

Jim
    Quote Quote