VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    Let me introduce myself since its my first post. My name is Ivan and I live in South Florida. Lately I have begun streaming video from various sources from training websites to netflix to you tube. The problem has started recently my laptop gets hot I mean very hot if i play more than 15 mins. Also when I watch cricket if you know the sport the video is very jittery I mean enough make you dizzy. What could be the issue? Is there permanent damage to my laptop? How can I resolve this. Thank in advance.
    PS: I still have warranty on this product.
    Ivan
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Get a cooler for your laptop,there not really meant for continuous work like that if it's an average cpu.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. These are the specs for my laptop.
    PrintPrint
    Hardware
    Software
    Hardware

Product Name 13-1029wm
    US Product Number A7A97UA
    Microprocessor 1.40 GHz 2nd generation Intel Core i3-2367M Processor
    Microprocessor Cache 3MB L3 Cache
    Memory 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 DIMM)
    Memory Max Maximum supported = 4GB
    Video Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Video Memory Up to 1696MB total graphics memory
    Hard Drive 128GB solid-state drive flash module
    Display 13.3-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED- backlit display (1366 x 768)
    Network Card 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
    Wireless Connectivity 802.11b/g/n WLAN

Also a couple of time I went to sleep and you tube was, when I woke up laptop was had shut down when I booted it up there was a message that one of the cooling fans was not working properly and in order to avoid damage I should get it replaced. I am wondering if I have made some serious damage to hardware components like CPU or something other please let me know so i can send it for repair under the warranty
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Send it in for warranty,any damaged cause should be covered due to faulty parts,i wouldn't run it any further cause it will do permanent damage.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. So you notice the laptop is very hot, and you got an actual text message which stated that a cooling fan is not working properly, (there is usually only one in a laptop, on the CPU, the most expensive and hottest single component in the PC), and, AFTER noticing the heat and reading the message, and experiencing definite performance problems, YOU ARE WONDERING WHAT THE PROBLEM IS ?????????

And, AND, it is still under warranty and you don't know what to do???

You don't even mention the fan message until your SECOND post?

The fan will be replaced under warranty. If the CPU is permanently damaged, they may, or may not, replace that because the damage is the result of failure and/or negligence on the part of the end user. My advice would be to never mention that you got any error message, otherwise they are going to stamp "DUMBASS" on your forehead, replace the fan, and send you home with a PC with a damaged CPU that is your fault.
    Quote Quote