VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!

I´m trying to play .TS files on my nettop. It´s a ASRock ION 330, with a dual-core ATOM and a Nvidia ION GPU. I´m using latest MPC-HC version. I disable internal TS LAV splitter and video/audio decoders. I´m using external latest version Haali splitter among with latest version Core AVC (3.0.1) and Core AAC (2.0) decoders.

The file is a .TS container, with a 1080p H.264 video stream and AAC audio stream.

If I use internal LAV splitter and A/V decoders, the audio plays fine, but the tiny ASRock is not powerful to a smooth play.

When I switch to external Haali and Core AVC/AAC decoders, the video smooth play is amazing (NVidia ION CUDA HW decoder is used) but there´s no audio. And looks like that Haali splitter is the culprit, as seems it´s failing to extract the audio track.

I´m using Windows 7 64-bit, with 64-bit MPC-HC version.

Any tips? Any help try is appreciated!

PS: I´m on work now, and unable to provided more tech details, but I can provided it at home, by request.

Best regards,
    Luis Santos
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try: internal lavSplitter + external CoreAVC/AAC
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried! But (and I don´t known the reason) if I select the internal LAV splitter I´m unable to use the externals Core AVC decoders. I correctly select the internal LAV splitter for .TS files and desselected internal H264 decoder. I even register the CoreAvc decoders on external filters.

As I always enable systray icons for all decoder (therefor it´s easy to check which one is been used) I che
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    So you mean that LAV Video cannot use the GPU for decoding H.264 video
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    So you mean that LAV Video cannot use the GPU for decoding H.264 video
    I didn´t say that. I aware that LAV filters are modern video decoders, wihich are able to perform GPU HW decoding.

But I´m a result oriented user. And by my experience on my ASRock ION 330 (with a little dual-core ATOM and a ION NVidia GPU) Core AVC paid (and I´m a registered user) runs too much better than any other alternative. And believe me: I tried almost everything.

But I´m always open to new ideas. Although I´m a paid registered user for Core AVC decoder, I would easy forget it If a found a free open software alternative that performs better.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had an idea: at home I will download latest version LAV filters (http://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters). And try to to use LAV splitter as an external filter. I think, with this approach, I would be able to use LAV splitter along with Core AVC/AAC decoders.

I will update this posted as soon I had concluded this test.
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    I see.

Then please give a try to AV Splitter, perhaps it doesn't have problems with CoreAVC

(which afaik became abandonware, right? ).

Another option: MPC-BE --- or its standalone MPEG Splitter, at least
    Quote Quote