VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys. I'm new here. This is my first post. =) *waves* I'm also a big ol' newbie to vid conversion. No idea what I'm doing. I'm sorry very much for that. =(

So, all I've had for years is Sony's Media Go which is just kinda crap. I wanted something that was faster, more efficient, and gave me better quality with better file size if possible. And sometimes, Media Go will "convert" my files for me and they'll still be broken. So I tried PSP Video 9, I don't think that one has any options for including subtitles at all. (for the few anime shows I like and I'm trying to convert Shingeki no Kyojin aka Attack on Titan currently) And I also tried PSP Video Converter and more than half the time, I get errors. Especially if I try to convert more than one file at a time. And even when it's successful, the first few seconds of the video is... black and pixelated? Not sure what causes that. But I did at least figure out how to get it to include the subtitles.

So I read on another forum that I should use SUPER. But SUPER makes my head explode. *rofl* I've tried the best I can, but I have no idea what options to choose and I keep getting errors with the ones I am choosing. So I was hoping someone could help me.

Let me know what info you need me to provide, and I'll be happy to give it. =)
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try xvid4psp 5.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick. Thank you for the tip for xvid4psp 5. I grabbed it and tried it after you posted it. Still having a few problems. I tried posting over in the "How to convert any video to <mobile device>" thread but my thread has been there since April 7th and no one has answered. I'm hoping you might be able to help. (by the way, if I don't reply for a while, i'm sorry. i may be going into the hospital any day now. most likely. was in there for 25 days last year. i don't wanna go back. i really don't! *cry* anyway, please forgive me if it takes a little while to reply.)

If you can help me with either xvid4psp 5 -OR- Format Factory 3.3.1, that would be great. (and if you could help me right away, that would be great too because the reason I'm wanting to convert videos to my PSP 3000 is so I'll have something to do in that insanely boring place known as the hospital. all they've got in there is a TV. how boring! *laugh*) Anyway, here was what I posted in that forum. Sorry for typing so much.
    ---------------

What are the best options to use for the PSP 3000 in general?

ALSO, specifically, I'm having a teeny bit of trouble with the conversion of these anime files for Attack on Titans (Shingeki no Kyojin). I converted one of the files using this guide and most of the episode was great. BUT,

1. The first few seconds had a little bit of black pixelation near the top of the screen. Not a big deal but mentionable.
    2. The audio during the intro popped quite badly in quite a few places. The intro is quite loud in spots as it's a kind of fanfare type of song. Very powerful and we love it! So I definitely want to get rid of that problem.
    3. Had some trouble seeing the subs in a few places where the background was a similar color. I think the white font wasn't white enough and the black stroke wasn't black enough.

Any idea how to fix these problems?

If you want to know more about the files themselves, let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You started with "And"... was there something posted between my post and yours that isn't here anymore? Sorry, was just thrown off a bit.

Anyway, thanks for the info. Wish I hadn't installed it. I should have remembered that it was way too technical for me anyway.

I just wish someone could guide me through a process real quick because I am getting sicker and don't have a lot of time. I'm looking in Format Factory, through their list of mobile device options, and I don't see one that matches the PSP 3000. The resolution of the 3000 is 480x272. None of the MP4, AVI or PSP options list that resolution. Do I just choose one of the 480p options? I'm really clueless about video converting. =(
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    (love your sig, TreeTops. John Wayne was an awesome man. i miss him muchly)
    Quote Quote  
  7. You could also try Miro Video Converter (has a PSP profile) and HandBrake (where you have to look for a PSP profile yourself). I've used HandBrake in the past for PSP with great results.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you muchly, Rawit! I'll check those out. Just got out of the hospital. Hoping I won't have to go back. I was able to get Format Factory to work enough to get my shows converted. But it was not an intuitive process for me. So I'll check out those two that you mentioned (I have heard them mentioned in the past but haven't used them) when I feel up to it and see what I think and I'll ask any questions I have here if that's okay. =)
    Quote Quote