VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hi, there

I have a question about " QTGMC" filter, whenever I try to import it to AVsPmod always gives me error

although I load all other requirement filters

MVTools2
    MaskTools
    NNEDI3
    RemoveGrain + Repair

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Not even a hint as to the actual error?

No sneak preview of how you're adding it to a script?

Is there a prize for guessing which version of Avisynth you're using?

Are you importing the plugins into a script manually, are they in the Avisynth plugins folder, can you provide a list of the actual dlls you're using?

No offence, but at the moment you're pretty much asking "how long is a piece of string?"
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    Not even a hint as to the actual error?

No sneak preview of how you're adding it to a script?

Is there a prize for guessing which version of Avisynth you're using?

Are you importing the plugins into a script manually, are they in the Avisynth plugins folder, can you provide a list of the actual dlls you're using?

No offence, but at the moment you're pretty much asking "how long is a piece of string?"

Thanks for reply, sorry I'm a new in this field and I just want to know how to deal with such a thing. I use AviSynth 2.5 version.

Quote Quote  
  4. It might be better for you to use 32-bit everything - VDub, AviSynth, and AviSynth filters. And upgrade to 2.6. Does 2.5 even support 64-bit filters?

You don't need the 'ConvertToYV12()' line in the script as DVDs are all YV12 already. And when it gets to it, I don't think your QTGMC is going to load either. Either remove the line entirely or use 'Import' on it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. choose 32bit Avisynth as was said above, I have Avisynth 2.5.8, maybe it works with 2.6 also
    you need this package v. 3.32
    and this 3.32 avsi
    all taken from http://avisynth.nl/index.php/QTGMC

-then follow instructions what to do with fftw3.dll and libfftw3f-3.dll, where to put those, they need special care, if you do not place them into system, placebo and very slow settings will not work, also denoisers and advanced settings will not work (but mostly we do not need those settings, preset="slow" is ok for SD resolution)

-empty Avisynth plugin folder if you have a mess there already and place rest of plugins there together with that QTGMC-3.32.avsi
    -or you can call those plugins from somewhere in your computer, this works for me:
    Code:
    Import("%qtgmc_folder%\QTGMC-3.32.avsi")                        
    LoadPlugin("%qtgmc_folder%\mvtools2.dll")      
    LoadPlugin("%qtgmc_folder%\RemoveGrainSSE2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("%qtgmc_folder%\RepairSSE2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("%qtgmc_folder%\mt_masktools-25.dll") 
    LoadPlugin("%qtgmc_folder%\nnedi3.dll") 
    LoadPlugin("%qtgmc_folder%\dfttest.dll")
    LoadPlugin("%qtgmc_folder%\EEDI2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("%qtgmc_folder%\FFT3DFilter.dll")
    LoadPlugin("%qtgmc_folder%\nnedi.dll") 
    LoadPlugin("%qtgmc_folder%\nnedi2.dll") 
    LoadPlugin("%qtgmc_folder%\SSE2Tools.dll") 
    LoadPlugin("%qtgmc_folder%\VerticalCleanerSSE2.dll") 
    LoadPlugin("%qtgmc_folder%\AddGrainC.dll")    
    Load_Stdcall_plugin("%qtgmc_folder%\yadif.dll")
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thanks a lot manono and _Al_
    That was awesome
    Quote Quote  
  7. All the plugins in the Avisynth plugins folder..... plugins in there should auto-load so there's no need to manually load them in every script. The same applies to QTGMC-3.32.avsi.

Once you have all the correct plugins and it's working you should then be able to add QTGMC to any script pretty much the way you're already doing it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. that's a good point about auto-loading, but it has a flip side also ...
    -if you load plugins manually from dedicated folder, there is a less chance for some conflict , old plugin that is not compatible with other plugin, etc., I came to the point that it is better to empty it and figure out what to load before every special filter,
    it has also another point, if you try to script avisynth filters, you know what to load for what filter, because it could get ugly and messy if there is just tons of plugins on one pile in Avisynth plugin folder

in QTGMC case everything needs to be in sync, if someone hunts for those plugins separately there is a good chance that it will not work ,

but, if user has nothing else going on in that Avisynth plugin folder, sure, just dump it all there ...
    Quote Quote  
  9. The annoying part is there's sometimes variations of the same plugins, and trying to work out which ones to use can be a little frustrating given some scripts recommend one while another script recommends a modded version etc. I actually spent about four hours trying to clean up the plugins folder a few days ago. I cleared it out and decided to go with the "official" versions of everything this time around. I think with the exception of dfttest, for which I'm using the dither 16 bit modded version, I'm back to the standard versions of everything now (44 dlls and 19 avsi scripts).

Oddly, I had a problem with not being able to open directshow scripts using MPC-HC. The culprit there appears not to have been anything in the plugins folder. Replacing libfftw3f-3.dll in the Windows/System32 folder seemed to fix that. I can't remember where the version I was using came from, but if I'm right about that it seems a little odd.

My main motivation for the clearout was to see if I could go back to using a MT version of Avisynth and actually get through a QTGMC encode without any errors. I'm not sure if I'll bother now though as everything seems to be working properly. I think I might stick with my current system of copying a script, using Trim() so each one encodes half of the video, then just encode them both at the same time. That keeps the CPU busy and it's always been perfectly stable.
    Quote Quote