VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm not a stranger in ripping, but I've a problem which I've spend hours on and I can't seem to fight the right way to fix it.

I've a M2TS that's running at 23.976fps according to mediainfo and TSmuxer
    Once I've indexed it with MeGui it says it's 24.203fps
    I've read that MeGui can't do VFR so my guess is the M2TS file is VFR

I've tried remuxing the M2TS file with TSmuxer and make it 24000/1001, but not luck.
    In the end if I rip this file to MKV it's running at 24.203fps. The runtime is the same as the original file, but the audio is totally out of sync.

I've trued some avisynth scripts but none work:
    1. AssumeFPS(24000,1001) or
    2. DirectShowSource("2.mkv", fps=23.976, video=true, convertfps=true) or
    3. FFVideoSource("G:\2.mkv", threads=1, fpsnum=24000, fpsden=1001)

I rather have the file in the correct framerate before I index it in MeGui.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction.
    Thank you

related issues from the past:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/344672-MeGUI-AviSynth-automatically-changing-frame-rate-to-17-843
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/260656-Converting-a-variable-framerate-to-constant-framerate
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm not sure m2ts files can be variable frame rate. If you use methods 2 and 3 from your post, the output frame rate should be 23.976fps. If you create a script using those, save it, and open the script with MPC-HC, what frame rate does it report under the File/Properties menu? I'm not sure how the output could end up as 24.203fps.

Can you split off a small sample and attach it to a post? It might save a lot of guessing.
    Quote Quote  
  3. A little late reply, but better late then never.

The latest version of MeGui puts "threads=1, fpsnum=24000, fpsden=1001" automatically in the script, which is nice, but doesn't solve the problem.
    What bothers me is that the versions I've done (24.203fps and 23.976fps) run the exact same time and both versions have the audio out of sync.
    I've tried another blu-ray just for the heck of it and it has the same problem.

The fragment of the M2TS file that I have is 600MB. What's a good file transfer site?
    Quote Quote  
  4. blu-ray cannot be VFR.

How are you determining the FPS ?

Problem is one of your tools, e.g bad rip, bad mux etc....

If you 've tried one of those scripts, and the result is off, then it's a bad mux or you're not determining the frame rate correctly
    Quote Quote  
  5. it's MeGui
    When you open a m2ts it says:
    it's recommended to use a MKV, AVI, MP4 or FLV container to index files with FFMS2 indexer.
    Makes me think FFMS2 has problems with the blu-ray file.
    After you click it away and run the queue it automatically enters "threads=1, fpsnum=24000, fpsden=1001" line in the script. It didn't do that before.
    If you remove the line and check the fps it's above 24fps
    Now why would AVS need a line in the script to make it 23.976 when the source is 23.976
    Doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, I found that vidcoder is a much better tool for ripping the blu-ray.
    Tried it with 5 minutes of video and it works like a charm.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Open your file in Videoredo and use FIX option.

Its fixed various files for me.
    Quote Quote  
  7. FFMS2 has known issues with framerate (it can be a bit off) in certain situations. So while framecount is usually accurate do to indexing, the timestamps may be off. That's the reason AssumeFPS() is used , or fpsnum fpsden . Some people use makemkv first to put it into a MKV container first, because the "off" fps affects transport streams more frequently.

If you put info() at the end of the script , it will show the FPS that avisynth thinks. Without a doubt, the fps will be 23.976024.... if you've used AssumeFPS(24000,1001) . If after encoding the FPS is still off, then the problem is with muxing.

Some blu-rays can be 24.0 FPS, some are 23.976. Both are valid. If you assume the wrong FPS it will go out of sync.
    Quote Quote