VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello . I have (LG 42" LED 3D 42LA6130 ) when i conect it with portable drive which include movies . mkv . mp4 . it can read only one subtitle . i use ( MKVToolnix 6.8.0 ) to merge subtitles with movie but it read there are 1 , 2 ,3 and 4 sub but it cant show on t.v . please help me to merge subtitle to mkv and mp4 movies ( hd and 3d ) without convert > i want it in the same quality because i learn foreign languages .
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe it only supports one subtitle?

Have you tried click on any subtitle-button on the remote?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What the name and model of the drive you are using to play the videos?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just read the post again,just ignore the drive question i asked,most likely what Baldrick said about the tv only supporting one sub,best to buy a media player that supports multiple subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    best to buy a media player that supports multiple subtitles.
    Are there any that you know of that actually do this? I don't know of any.

The only thing I can think of is that the original poster will have to edit the subtitles, which hopefully are in text format and not binary format, and combine them into one file. I've got an example of this where English is one line and simplified Chinese is on another. But depending on the languages there is always the possibility of problems such as language X is OK but you have to use character page Y for it, language Z is not supported at all, Unicode may or may not work (if it does it can solve a lot of problems) and so on.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think the op wants all the subs to show at the same time,just the ability to select the particular sub which most players can do.
    Quote Quote  
  7. thank's all member . can you tell me what the best media player support h d and 3d and support to read multi-subtitles which separated and included video? there are any chance to make my tv read multi subtitle ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    See if there is a firmware update for your tv.
    Quote Quote  
  9. i will ask support call center . what about media player i searched on net i found western and iomega whmich you prefer ? and they can read alot of sub of one movie like computer in separated file and is it support 3d ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    I don't think the op wants all the subs to show at the same time,just the ability to select the particular sub which most players can do.
    Ah. I understand now.
    Quote Quote  
  11. there a solution to my problem ? any program can merge subtitle and make my t v read it ? .. because i don't think the media player support 3d movies and can read subtitle like computer .
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The solution was already given,get an external media player,if your tv can only read the first sub and can't switch to another sub then there's nothing you can do to fix it short of a firmware an/or contacting lg support.
    Quote Quote  
  13. is media player device support 3d movies and multi subtitle include video or separated like computer? and witch is compatible with my lg ? ???? ..... thank you very much ..
    Quote Quote  
  14. first of all . thanks alot all members . i called support center and he told me first try multi-language subtitle files . is there available ? and try second try .ssa or .ass and merge it > which program can convert to those extension ? please any one help me
    Quote Quote