VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm running Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit. I was previously using Avanti-GUI v0.75. I had it installed under Program Files (x86) in a subdirectory named Avanti-GUI-075, and it was running fine.

I decided to replace that with a newer version (v0.76). I created a new subdirectory (Avanti-GUI-076), installed the new version - then it would not start up. Whenever I tried to run the GUI, I would get the small opening splash, but the main program would never start up. So I thought I should go back to the previous version.

I recreated the previous subdirectory (Avanti-GUI-075), installed the previous version back into that - and now that version won't run any more either. I did not change anything else on the computer. At this point I'm a bit baffled. Trying to figure out if I've missed some simple stupid little thing.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Try one of the suggestions from here ...

http://avanti.arrozcru.org/windows7.htm

To make sure I notice Avanti related questions, you better post it here ...

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/282223-AVANTI-FFmpeg-Avisynth-GUI-%28support-thread%29

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the direction. On the page you referenced, it was this one: "If Avanti fails to launch or you experience other
    issues, change the length of the folder name..." that provided the solution. I changed the folder name, and it started launching successfully once again.

But I can't help wonder: having to find "a path that this version of Avanti "likes" ? What is up with that kind of behavior?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by djten View Post
    But I can't help wonder: having to find "a path that this version of Avanti "likes" ? What is up with that kind of behavior?
    That's the main incompatibility issue on Win 7, mentioned at the posted link above. Probably something with the Gui4Cli interpreter on which Avanti runs. The developer of this software (stable on Win XP) up to now doesn't have a clue why this happens either.
    Quote Quote