VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I want to take someone's face and put it on a video so the face I put covers the original video characters face with the face I chose. I also want it to follow the character in the video. For example if someone in the video moves to the left the face would move left on the person I put it on.

What program would I need to do this? Are there any tutorials I can find out how to do this on, or does anyone know what to do?

A perfect example of what I'm looking for can be found here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7uDgs-junQ
    Quote Quote  
  2. After Effects or other composting software is what you're looking for. PLENTY of tutorials on YouTube and elsewhere.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Can you post some youtube links of tutorials?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Post your NLE as some youtube tuts are specific to the software used. OR do a search on youtube for track motion tutorials for the software you will be using.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The "Tute" is to cut out a head and keyframe it around on top of the existing head. But if the head turns, like in your example, the whole thing falls apart.

Sony Movie Studio can do this. Even the cheapest one, I think.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Some programs like AviUtl and blender can automate track motion. If you set the target, the program/plugin will create the keyframes for you and the mask will follow the keyframes created.

I put a donkey's head on a co-worker just for fun. It was a real hoot and he actually liked it.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote