VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I'm re ripping my blurays to do audio pass through. I was thinking of just passing through DTS MA but I keep thinking I should include another track just in case. Though admittedly, not sure what the "just in case" would be.

What do you guys normally do?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just keep one track unless you need dir comments and/or a second language.I only ever use 1 audio track.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I just keep the track I want or I re-encode one according to what I want. I think the two track idea was to allow compatibility with older "players" which only supported stereo AAC, or maybe ones which didn't support DTS..... PS3 or Xbox or something like that..... I'm not really sure.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok thanks guys. I'll stick with DTS-MA where applicable and hope for the best
    Quote Quote  
  5. You can always convert the audio to something else later if need be. I read your post and assumed you were using Handbrake as that's what it's High Profile preset does by default..... audio pass through plus conversion to stereo AAC.... or something like that.

Anyway..... if you keep just the original audio there's a plethora of ways to convert it to another format and add the new version to the existing MKV/MP4 later on, or replace the old audio with the new one etc (I find MKVs are much easier to work with than MP4), without needing to convert the video again.
    Quote Quote