VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, what NLE works best for Windows 8 Pro?

I've been browsing sites like Tek-Micro.com and I've been wondering if there are differences in which one suite (Premiere vs. Vegas vs. Magix) interfaces well with what OS?

I prefer Vegas though because of the empty event feature that allows me to mute out certain sections of audio and allow certain sections of audio for one A-V track OR in case I need to switch up soundtracks for different renderings of my movie.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Not Video Streaming. Moving you to our Editing Forum.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    tek-micro.com????

Spam, spam, spam, spam,
    Spam, spam, spam, spam,
    lovely spam, wonderful spam (spam, spam, spam) ....
    Last edited by Hoser Rob; 30th Mar 2014 at 10:59. Reason: Needed more spams ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Vegas is a native Windows application. None of the others are.

The reason this matters is Vegas uses the power of Windows itself, and the others run their own code inside a "Windows-looking" interface. Non native Windows apps tend to be bloated, slow, and buggy.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Vegas is a native Windows application. None of the others are.

The reason this matters is Vegas uses the power of Windows itself, and the others run their own code inside a "Windows-looking" interface. Non native Windows apps tend to be bloated, slow, and buggy.
    I'm not saying Magix's best software is comparable to Vegas Pro or even Sony Movie Studio Platinum, but I don't understand why you would say that about it. Magix's sofware are only available for WIndows, so there is no need to write code that can be easily ported to another OS.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The difference is native Windows apps run more efficiently. The others run in a "Shell". Vegas is very well known to run even on lower-spec machines.
    Last edited by budwzr; 30th Mar 2014 at 20:20.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    The difference is native Windows apps run more efficiently. The others run in a "Shell". Vegas is very well known to run even on lower-spec machines.
    That is true for Magix's other products, but Magix Video Pro X6 is also a native 64-bit application like Vegas with similar hardware requirements.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Really. That's good. I have used Magix products in the past, not recently.

I went to their website, and they don't give much detail though. Don't even mention compositing. I might try the trial.

UPDATE: That Magix X6 is NOT "professional" as they claim. I do not consider that to be a "Native" Windows app, although they do claim to be. That's some kind of hybrid software. Some of it may be 64bit, but not the GUI.

I have an i7 and Magix was very sluggish. You can sense that it has to crunch a bunch of code when you click anything, or try to do anything.

I give it two thumbs down.
    Last edited by budwzr; 31st Mar 2014 at 01:13.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The best thing about Magix is their description writing to be filed under fiction.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zoobie View Post
    The best thing about Magix is their description writing to be filed under fiction.
    And those add-ons, like Mercalli, are about as old as my granny. Now if it had BorisCC plugins, it might be worth it, but then it would run too slow prolly.
    Quote Quote