VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I'm still helping the neighbour's kids. They have this dvd player

http://www.pioneer-latin.com/downloads/htz-121dvd_lxe@120330.pdf

anybody have this? what are the video supported format? can it play x264 or something? can it play mkv? The father's a bit paranoid me tinkering the tv and dvd player, he might be afraid I might mess it up or something so if I can search the info thru net the better...
    hacking the Net using typewriter :D
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It doesn't support mkv or h264. Very few dvd players supports that. It's mainly newer blu-ray players that has such support.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It says right in the manual what formats it supports. Took me 15 seconds to find it. Read it yourself.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Typically DVD players only support standard definition Divx/Xvid if they can play video files on disc. But you should stop being lazy and read your docs as Hoser Rob says. If a DVD player by some miracle can play MP4 files or MKV files then they always need to be in standard definition too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks much. Yup I read the manual and it says divx. I'm just making sure that it only supports divx. My new samsung tv manual says only support divx but it can play mkv just fine. Since the kids figure out how to play vids from usb, I will ask them to test different type of vids.
    hacking the Net using typewriter :D
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by d_unbeliever View Post
    My new samsung tv manual says only support divx but it can play mkv just fine.
    Doesn't matter. MKV is a CONTAINER.....which can also happen to contain xvid/divx encoded video.......and many other video and audio codecs that won't work in your Samsung.

MKV does not = h264.
    Quote Quote