VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I captured some video via iPhone then attached it to an email and sent it to my desktop email client, downloaded it and played it.
    The quality was extremely sharp playing on my phone, but not sharp on the PC desktop player. What's a solution to play videos (recorded on smartphones) to play in good quality on something other then a smartphone?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Play it in a tiny little window -- the size of your iphone display.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your PC monitor resolution is not HD prolly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use MediaInfo to check the details and resolution of the downloaded file (Text tree mode then you can copy and paste the results into a post) Mine always look great so my guess is as commented it is your PC monitor.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. Also, iPhones have 336 PPI displays whereas your computer monitor has something like 96 PPI. So watching a 1080p video on your computer in a 5" window will still not be as sharp as the iPhone display.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ceteris paribus, almost anything can look worse when you enlarge its display. And vice versa - lots of things, even bad videos, have shocked me - video sed non credo - by looking real nice on my phone's smaller screen, and no I'm not, and wasn't, drunk or blind.

Maybe the video was bad to begin with, and flaws inherent in source are revealed on a bigger display which is much less forgiving.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote