VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So i have a file that im moving from an flv container to mp4 or mkv whichever works best and is easier but i want to change the resolution of the file, for whatever reason it rips at a lower resolution but on my player it looks better with a higher one

so how how can i go about doing this on windows pc
    Last edited by iamloco724; 28th Mar 2014 at 16:45.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you intend to change resolution, you must re-encode when you convert, not just remux. Handbrake, MeGUI, etc.

Scott
    "When will the rhetorical questions end?!" - George Carlin
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    If you intend to change resolution, you must re-encode when you convert, not just remux. Handbrake, MeGUI, etc.

Scott
    so i remux to mp4 i put the file in handbrake and i still cant change the resolution
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There's a lot of confusion here. If it 'rips' (sic) to a lower resolution that's probably because of some setting on whatever software you were using.

I've never changed resolution that I can remember in Handbrake but there definitely seem to be settings to change it:

https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/PictureSettings

Handbrake has excellent documentation. Better than a lot of programs you'll pay for. Read it.

And if you're going to convert the original file in handbrake why do you still want to remux it? I can't see why that'd be necessary.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    There's a lot of confusion here. If it 'rips' (sic) to a lower resolution that's probably because of some setting on whatever software you were using.

I've never changed resolution that I can remember in Handbrake but there definitely seem to be settings to change it:

https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/PictureSettings

Handbrake has excellent documentation. Better than a lot of programs you'll pay for. Read it.

And if you're going to convert the original file in handbrake why do you still want to remux it? I can't see why that'd be necessary.
    im ripping from a site it goes to flv file i tried putting that in handbrake couldnt change the resolution which is why i remuxed the file figured maybe it was because it was flv but then i could change it still i see the area just in the arrows or putting in the numbers manually reverts back to the original size it doesnt seem to want to change
    Quote Quote