VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this script for the avisynth filter msrmod gives output size of 1280x544 i need 1920x1080 any help would be helpful hope this is right forum thanks

#avstp.dll
    #RemoveGrainSSE2.dll
    #RepairSSE2.dll
    #nnedi3.dll
    #mvtools2mod.dll
    #AddGrainC.dll
    #mt_masktools-26.dll
    #dfttestmod.dll
    #awarpsharp2.dll
    #dither.dll
    #dither.avsi
    #flash3kyuu_deband.dll
    #mt_xxpand_multi.avsi
    #MSRmod.avs
    #MSR_mod.avs
    #HighPassSharp.avs

setmtmode(2)
    # setmemorymax(1024)

# MSR_mod( W=1280, H=544, HPS=true, r=0.15, smode=2, radius=12, var=1, uvar=0, lsb=false)
    # MSR_mod( W=1280, H=720, HPS=true, r=0.15, smode=2, radius=12, var=1, uvar=0, lsb=false)

MSRmod( W=1280, H=544, HPS=true, str=4, r=0.15, GF3=false, lsb=false)
    # MSRmod( W=1280, H=720, HPS=true, str=4, r=0.15, GF3=false, lsb=false)
    # MSRmod( W=1280, H=720, HPS=true, str=4, r=0.15, GF3=true, smode=0, thr=0.5, radius=12, lsb=false)

# предназначен для UpScale с шумоподавлением и повышением резкости
    # кроп и ресайз установить в начале скрипта
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do you see all the lines that start with "#" ? Those are commented out and do nothing

The only active line is this one

Code:
    MSRmod( W=1280, H=544, HPS=true, str=4, r=0.15, GF3=false, lsb=false)
    Change it to w=1920, h=1080. w=width, h=height

Code:
    MSRmod( W=1920, H=1080, HPS=true, str=4, r=0.15, GF3=false, lsb=false)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you very much your simple answer made a big difference i never new what # meant well done friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I am reluctant to say this, but if you are that much of a newbie that you don't understand AVISynth #commenting, maybe you aren't ready to use AVISynth yet. I would hate having to see you open a new thread for every variable & line problem you create, just because you haven't done your own research! AVISynth is great, but you have to walk before you can run.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Not to mention that just doing a straight resize to 1920x1080 wrecks the aspect ratio. For a 1280x544 'source':

Lanczos4Resize(1920,816)#use whatever resizer you like
    AddBorders(0,132,0,132)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for replying the ploblem is the avisynth filter im using msrmod is part of xvid4psp10 & 1280x544 is the default & works great & if i try any other ratio like 1920x1080 the video freezes & slows down source is 576x432 thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  7. Is there any reason you can't just keep it at 576x432 and not resize at all? Now that you mentioned the 'original' resolution, even 1280x544 destroys the aspect ratio. Why upscale at all and, more importantly, why upscale to the wrong aspect ratio? Just because that's the only one that works?

xvid4psp10
    What's that? I'm only aware of 5, 6, and 7 versions. And the only ones that work worth a damn are the versions 5. Get rid of what you have and install a version 5. Maybe you meant to say version 5.10.330?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you are correct i have 5.10. & i thought if i upscaled using msrmod it made the picture look better on hd t.v thanks for the imput i tried simple slug
    upscale & blowup + blowup mod but msrmod was the best i also would like to use auto levels i downloaded the filter not sure how to apply it in xvid4psp thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by sam1776 View Post
    i also would like to use auto levels i downloaded the filter not sure how to apply it in xvid4psp
    I have yet to see a decent autolevels filter and always do it manually. If you want to adjust the levels/gain/brightness/contrast there are filters for those things. Maybe posting a short sample from your 'source' will encourage others to provide some suggestions. Where's sanlyn when you need him?
    i thought if i upscaled using msrmod it made the picture look better on hd t.v
    Your tv does upscaling. Is there any reason to believe this msrmod does a better job? Don't get me wrong. I upscale myself sometimes, using nnedi3_rpow2, but you seem to be just using things you've copied from elsewhere and don't know how to properly use yet.
    Last edited by manono; 28th Mar 2014 at 22:44.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks manono ill take your advice on autolevels for general good cleanup of old 80's music videos i found a filter called vhs fizz killer & it seems to work good even though the source is not vhs tried mc temporal denoise but caused aliasing on hd t.v i tried using neat video denoise for sony vegas 10 worked good but since someone suggested avisynth the results seem much better if i can post a clip from an old 80's music video if allowed let me know that way as manono suggested i might recieve more help or sugestions also if there is another program i should be using instead of xvid4psp5.10.330 please let me know thanks in advance for all the expert advice
    Quote Quote  
  11. If I were you, I'd use AviSynth scripts to do all the filtering and then save out as a lossless AVI (Lagarith, UT Video Codec, whatever) in VDub. Then you can open the AVI in XviD4PSP either directly or by using AviSource in an AviSynth script to do the actual encoding. That way there won't be any XviD4PSP problems
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sam1776 here thanks for all the great responses including manono.can someone tell me a good script for NNEDI3 ive been using msrmod preset in xvid4psp.MSRmod( W=1280, H=544, HPS=true, str=4, r=0.15, GF3=false, lsb=false) and if i try to change the default script aspect ratio from 1280x544 the quality goes down source is 576x432 i want to go to 720x480 using nnedi3 any suggestions would be welcomed as im new to anisynth or if i should be using another filter?thanks in advance of your expert knowledge
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by sam1776 View Post
    ...i want to go to 720x480...
    Why? Are you making a DVD? If so you'll want to use an MPEG-2 encoder like HCEnc. If not then what you're saying makes no sense.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for responding i would like to go 1280x720 i thought 720x480 would be easier?if i could get nneddi3 to do that wonderful just need a good script to upscale
    Quote Quote  
  15. Do you care nothing about getting the right aspect ratio? Your 'source' is 576x432 or 1.33:1. 1280x720 is 1.78:1. 1280x544 is 2.35:1. 720x480 is 1.5:1. Do you understand? I ask again, why not keep it at 576x432?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sam1776 here what do you think about making a png image sequence using a program like Aoao video to gif software
    and batch resize the pngs with Photozoom Pro or Genuine Fractals.The uprezzing in Photozoom Pro can be absolutely stunning with clean source material.i like upsizing old 1980's music video's so only about 5 minutes max on video length looking for opinions before i try but i will post samples of before & after video when done any suggestions or is that idea crazy thanks for the help notably manono your knowledge is most enlightening sam1776 in kansas city
    Quote Quote