VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys and gals. I've got a mp4 downloaded from a college recruiter . It will not play in any player on my Windows computer but will play in VLC on my laptop running Ubuntu Linux 13.10. I am needing to be able to convert this over to DVD for a friend. When I look at the codec information VLC on Linux laptop it comes up as avc1. I loaded it into Super video converter on the Windows pc and the codec information comes up as GZIP.Any ideas on how to get this to play and convert to dvd. Downloaded the most recent version of VirtualDub -won't recognize file. Downloaded newest version of K-Lite mega Codec Pack -still a no go in any player. Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. GZIP? Extract the video file from the archive with gzip for Windows. Other zip programs may work too.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Windows MediaInfo reports the format as Gzip. I have gzip for windows but I need some enlightenment on how to get this unzipped. winzip and 7zip do not recognize it as a zipped file. Below is what i get when I use Media info. ANy ideas or a walkthrough on how to decompress this file

General
    Complete name : C:\Users\Dad\Desktop\Joel Sargent.mp4.mp4
    Format : GZip
    File size : 20.2 MiB
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Rename it to "whatever.mp4.gz"
    Quote Quote