VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

I really need help to find a good system on how to make videos upload to youtube easier. I record 60 fps gameplay at 1080p from my PC using FRAPS then I take those into an editor and move them, cut them, etc. Once done editing, I render them. My 30 min vids are always 4-5gb! My 8 min are 1gb! I've tried to compression them by handbrake and virtual dub and the absolute best I could get is 4.5gb to 3.1 gb. I need help because in the future I will be making 1-1.5 hour long vids at 1080p at 60 fps.

Please could someone please give me help on this?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    First of all, since the goal is the YouTube audience, there is no point in capturing at 60fps

FWIW --- after editing, I compress the video to either Xvid or WMV3 (with constant quantizer = 3, quantization type = MPEG for Xvid), leave the audio uncompressed (2.0 at 44.1kHz), and mux to an AVI file. You might want to try H.264 compression with very-complex settings, but remember, if your captures are naturally "difficult to compress", then even H.264 won't be able to compress very much without a noticeable loss of quality

If you have no objections, resizing to 1280x720 will require less bitrate, and therefore, a smaller filesize.
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 26th Mar 2014 at 00:03. Reason: details : - /
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by combodude View Post
    I've tried to compression them by handbrake and virtual dub and the absolute best I could get is 4.5gb to 3.1 gb.
    Either lower the bitrate or raise the CRF or Q number. Maybe you mean to say, "the absolute best I could get with good quality is 4.5gb to 3.1 gb?

And as El Heggunte says, since YouTube is going to reduce it to 30fps anyway, you might as well do it yourself first.

I need help because in the future I will be making 1-1.5 hour long vids at 1080p at 60 fps.
    Just what the world needs, more YouTube gaming videos.
    Quote Quote