VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi dear.

Is there any software to hardsub (burn) SUB/IDX subtitle files to MKV video files.
    Almost all of the software that i search in this site, are able to hard sub srt files into video.
    BUT I just want to hard sub SUB/IDX subtitle to my MKV video files.

Please help me about it.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You know that hardcoding the subs requires reencoding the video, right? And you don't want to just mux the subs (playable by many software players) but want to actually hardcode them, right? If so, then XviD4PSP can do what you want. You can choose to have it copy the audio if you don't want to reencode that too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can embed the subs within a mkv file with mkvmergeGUI - they are then switchable so you must turn subs on with your mediaplayer. Some media players don't support IDX subs within MKV files only SRT. If you want to burn them in ie non removable then you must reencode the the whole video losing quality in the process. Burnt in subs are part of the video so you have to reencode. Switchable are the same as with DVD's, you can turn them on or off. Check to see if your mediaplayer supports IDX subs within a MKV file, for instance the Popcorn C200 doesn't.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My receiver can play mkv with hard sub SRT subtitle. But i want to play mkv files on my receiver with SUB/IDX subtitle. Cos the SUB/IDX subtitle is capable of set static fonts and it's can be play on receiver. This is my reason to hard cod subtitle.

I am trying XviD4PSP.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well then there is no need to hard burn the subs via conversion to another format in the process losing video quality. Just use mkvmerge gui and put them into the mkv file with no loss of resolution and only takes a few minutes per file. No re-encoding takes place.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In MKVMERGE:
    I select add to add video and select MKV fuke,
    Then i select append to append my SUB/IDX file.and add it.
    Then when i click Start Muxing i receive this error:

Error: The track number 0 from the file 'C:\Users\Rayaneh\Desktop\Skyfall (2012).idx' cannot be appended to the track number 0 from the file 'C:\Users\Rayaneh\Desktop\Skyfall (2012).mkv'. The formats do not match.

How i fix it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just add the idx file should work also don't use Append use ADD. You are adding a file just like the video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The APPEND command is used when you won't to join 2 or more video files. The ADD command is when you wish to add additional components to an existing video track, like subtitles or an extra audio track or a chapters list etc...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's good ...
    The video is played with subtitle.
    But there is final problem
    The subtitle shown in middle of half left of the screen. I need to move it in middle of bottom of page.
    How i fix it?
    The subtitle is played on KMPlayer in perfect position.
    Help me.
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not knowledgeable in that area. Maybe someone else who knows about formatting IDX/SUB subtitles can assist or take a read of this thread
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/247028-Subtitles-alignment-on-IDX-SUB
    Quote Quote  
  11. The subtitle shown in middle of half left of the screen
    Is the resolution used in the IDX/SUB the same as the video? BDSup2Sub++ allows you both to change resolution as well as position, ie move right.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to all of you.
    My problem is solved.
    All the way that I go to final result are:

1- Convert SRT to SUB/IDX with TXT2VOBSUB (Set font, Color and size for my subtitle)
    2- Set the correct resolution to my SUB/IDX file that match with my video with BDSup2Sub and produce new SUB/IDX file.
    3- Merge my SUB/IDX result file to my video with mkvmergeGUI.
    4- Enjoy the video on my player with my favorite color and favorite size and favorite font.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good to see the solution....
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is a problem on Subtitle resolution.
    Sometimes (almost usually) Videos that i merge in MKVmergeGUI has incompatible resolution like 640*336 or 1280*533.
    When i select mege the video and subtitle in my player the subtitle is shown in wrong place.
    How i can set the place of subtitle in middle bottom of screen for incompatible resolution videos?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Have you tried BDSup2sub: Edit -> Move all captions?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You mean that I do this?

1- Edit -> Move all captions;
    2- Enable move to center;
    3- Enable move outside bounds;
    4- Move all.

Is this for move all subtitel to center?
    Quote Quote  
  17. the subtitle is shown in wrong place
    I believe that how incompatible resolution is treated depends on the player used. You could do some trial-and-error with your player muxing several subtitles into your MKV. I would start with Edit -> Move all captions -> move from original X/Y position.

Personally I prefer hardcoding as shown here
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hard coding certainly solves one problem but it also means re-encoding and that means an inevitable loss of quality and the time taken to do it. Switchable with MKV is so easy and quick once you have done it. If it's a text file like SRT it's pretty straight forward but if you need an image format like the OP does, I am guessing for language format requirements, it becomes little more complex with formatting.
    Quote Quote  
  19. You could always mux in SSA or ASS subs. Unlike with SRTs, with those you can also set the font, colors, position, size, etc. Unless, as netmask56 speculates, there's a language problem.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your reply ...
    Quote Quote