VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. my computer does'nt recognize my blank blu-rays anymore, can someone give an explination on why not?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Your burner is going bad. It happens more frequently than you might think. Since BluRay discs use a different laser than DVDs and CDs, it's possible for BluRay burning to completely fail and it be possible to burn DVDs and CDs on the same burner with no problems.

You're using a different type of discs, maybe LTH type BD-R discs now, and your burner can't read them. BD-R LTH is a problem for some BD burners. I've got an LG burner that simply cannot read them at all, but my Pioneer has no problems with them.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Multimedia storyteller bigass's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    So, the unnamed software under your unnamed operating system on your unnamed computer doesn't recognize that the blank disc in your unnamed blu-ray drive is a blu-ray disc?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by bigass View Post
    So, the unnamed software under your unnamed operating system on your unnamed computer doesn't recognize that the blank disc in your unnamed blu-ray drive is a blu-ray disc?
    I was going to recommend that he change his brand of fabric softener.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The lack of information didn't stop jman98 offering some useful advice.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Multimedia storyteller bigass's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mike20021969 View Post
    The lack of information didn't stop jman98 offering some useful advice.
    Sorry, rough day. I turned into one of those obnoxious message board pricks for a moment.
    Quote Quote  
  7. no they're right, Sorry! I have a dell Inspiron computer running windows vista and a pioneer BD-RW BDR-206 SCSI Blu-Ray burner! Iwas burning blu-rays before the same ones as I am trying now. It reads and plays original blu-rays and BD-RW (rewriteable) just does'nt read the blank ones. I bought a new portible Blu-Ray burnner and it doe's the same thing!
    Quote Quote  
  8. when I put a blank blu-ray in it doesn't show anything in the drive. Imageburn says unrecognizeable media in drive!
    I'm also using Cyberlink BD Solutions
    Last edited by cripmangap; 25th Mar 2014 at 15:18.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    What type of blank Blu-ray discs are you using? I would try some Verbatim (not LTH) and see if it is just a few bad discs that are causing the issue.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm using Optical Quantum 25GB 4x Blu-Ray white inkjet hub printable and Ridata 25GB 4x white inkjet hub printable.

What is "LTH?"
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    LTH = Low to High. Verbatim sells both LTH and regular HTL Blu-ray media.

BD-R LTH is a write-once Blu-ray disc format that features an organic dye recording layer. "Low To High" refers to the reflectivity changing from low to high during the burning process, which is the opposite of normal.

Regular Blu-ray recordable discs use HTL burning process and an inorganic recording layer.

Your Optical Quantum and Ridata discs are not LTH, but are not the best available media either. I do my best to discourage people from using Ritek Blu-ray media (Ridata and others) since it has proved to be unsuitable for long term storage. There have been many reports of their discs deteriorating in three years or less.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Having the same problem in two different drives, and with two different brands of media makes me think this may not be solved with better discs however. It is something to try, but not necessarily a solution.

Have you changed any software lately?

Have you tried removing upper and lower filters? In Imgburn go to Tools-->Filter Driver Load Order and remove filters you find there. Reboot.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How about trying the external burner on another computer.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by cripmangap View Post
    I'm using Optical Quantum 25GB 4x Blu-Ray white inkjet hub printable and Ridata 25GB 4x white inkjet hub printable.
    Optical Quantum is bottom of the barrel. I got a 10-disc spindle of them (branded as Merax) for next to nothing when I bought my LG BDRW drive. That's what they were worth- nothing.

Here's the thing: my burner had trouble recognizing them. When it did (usually requiring a reboot and discovery in ImgBurn), the burn supposedly went okay, verification too. But they wouldn't play even on the drive that burned them, nor any of my standalones. And I tried half of the spindle.

The above is just for information, as I rather think something is screwed in your OS. Like filters (already mentioned) installed by packet-writing software or some such. Riteks aren't a lot better, but they are better, and you say they aren't getting recognized either? I think the new burner showing the same symptoms rules out the burner as the problem.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by mike20021969 View Post
    The lack of information didn't stop jman98 offering some useful advice.
    Don't mind him, some prick called him fat the other day, paybacks a bizznich i guess
    Status - Attacked by mold spores. - Pour out a lil liquor for all the homies lost in the format wars. Sanlyn will live again, a Sanlyn v2.0 if you will
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by cripmangap View Post
    I'm also using Cyberlink BD Solutions
    I wonder if that's the problem right there. Did you install it recently?

At any rate, you should be using ImgBurn exclusively.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote