VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere. I have looked, canít seem to find best set-up for myself.

I'll start from the beginning.

I have recently ditched SKY as monthly subscription price became a bit of a joke. In next few weeks I will be switching to Freesat + (UK). I have ordered a Humax HDR-1010S Freesat Freetime 1TB Receiver with Built-In Wi-Fi. I have signed up for Virgin 152MB superfast internet and will also be buying a new 1TB HDD (wired or WIFI???). I will download all the stuff I donít get on Freesat + onto my external HDD saving me quite a few £££ on a monthly SKY subscription.

My question is........what is the best way for me to stream all my HD movies, HD TV shows, photos etc from my HDD to my TV. I donít want to be unplugging wires all the time form PC, HDD, TV etc and my TV (Sony Bravia) will only play certain file types. I donít want to have to convert all my files so I can play them on my TV either.

Is there some kind of go between from my HDD to my TV I can use to stream my media on TV without changing wires or converting file types?

Thank You
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps you should be looking at something like this:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=330

And welcome to the forum.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    And please do NOT cross post. I removed your other thread.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you fritz93.....
    Apologies Baldrick
    Quote Quote