VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, first of all, if anyone here reading this has anything to do with the programming of Sony Vegas, I'd like to take a moment to personally congratulate you on being the biggest !@$%!@#$#%#@!ing moron on the face of the earth.

Now that we got that out of the way.....

I've been dealing with Vegas, and the thing crashed out on me while I was checking the timing of something by dragging the thing, and when I reopened it, there was the project as I had left it when it crashed.

I go to drag my pointer again, and it @#$^@#%$#@ing crashes again.

I open it.....project gone!

Now, I know the project is still out there somewhere since it reopened after the first !@%!@#$ing crash. How do I retrieve it again?

And Sony, seriously.....could you at least put a little effort into making a program that's not a huge steaming pile of crap?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Whew, found it. For anyone stumbling on this thread in the future with the same issue, in Win7, you can find it in C:\users\%username%\appdata\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\10.0, if you're using sony vegas pro 10.0 like I was. It's nice that the idiot programmers for sony had the sense to make it automatically save into a folder since they can't be bothered to program a stable version, at least they got something right.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just curious: what are your computer specs?
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like an Apple user trying to learn Windows, hehehe.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Definitely not, I avoid macs at all costs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If a project crashes, Vegas creates an automatic recovery. But you're supposed to immediately rename it.

Vegas is a complex application that accepts user-provided media. It could have crashed due to a variety of reasons. Including the media itself.

They anticipate that sometimes a crash will occur, and they provide you a backup. The best strategy is to click that save icon frequently.
    Last edited by budwzr; 24th Mar 2014 at 15:33.
    Quote Quote