VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a DVD-9 project that was replicated a few years ago, a few thousand copies. A freeze was reported by customers at a particular spot at the end of one of the chapters, however, the rest of the DVD was fine. To mitigate, we sent them an MP4 file of the short section, about 30 seconds that was missed. However, I'd like to correct this freeze on this next upcoming replication run. Problem is that I don't even know where to start with addressing the issue. I'll have to check, but if my memory serves me correctly, the authoring was done in Adobe Encore, layer break determined with GEAR Pro and IFOedit and then DLTs were produced for layer0 and layer1. I no longer have a DLT machine. Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dare I say,,, bump? I'm a little worried no reply on this one...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry, but you're really short on details. Which chapter is the bad one, is it at the layer break? Is the issue present on every discs? Have you tried mounting an ISO and playing it with a software DVD player? There could be so many causes from a bad encode to a bad pressing, you're not going to get a solution just by guessing.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry I was just giving a general overview of the problem. The problem occurs at the end of one of the very first chapters on the DVD, not at the layer break, nowhere near it actually. I think the problem exists on all the DVDs, however, it's my belief that a lot of the people skip that part of the chapter as it's just introductory info, hence not everyone experiences the freeze. I have not tried mounting an ISO, not quite sure how to do that actually, but I will look into it..
    Quote Quote  
  5. Quite easy, use Virtual CloneDrive as a virtual drive and ImgBurn to make into image file.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You mean ImgBurn will make an ISO directly from the DVD disc? I'll give that a try.
    Quote Quote  
  7. If your iso plays correctly, you can then deliver that to the replicator as a master.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know if they'll accept an ISO for a DVD9
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by sdsumike619 View Post
    I don't know if they'll accept an ISO for a DVD9
    Admittedly I have never submitted anything larger than a DVD5 for replication, but the high quality replicators I have used have always accepted isos or actual DVDs as well as DLTs. No harm in giving them a call and asking.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Communicated with the mastering facility, and they asked me to send them a replicated disc and they're going to look into the issue. Hopefully they can shed some light on what the problem is!
    Quote Quote