VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recorded multiple .avi files from an emulator using Camstudio Lossless Codec 1.5, then I joined them together into a single, big .avi file.

It was 6 .avis total and a single .wav that contained the audio from all of the 6 .avis together. Basically, the emulator caused .avi split, but not audio split. Here's a pic to show how they're like:

So, to do the job, I used VirtualDub and selected the "Direct Stream Copy" option.

VirtualDub did everything fine. Then I used "Convert AVI to MP4" to convert my big .avi into .mp4, in order to reduce the file's size so I could upload it to youtube. I can't upload insanely big files with my poor 400 kbps upload speed.

Buuuuut... after the video finished uploading, Youtube gave me a "Processing Error" then rejected my video. It didn't even explain what was the reason behind that.

Then I found out there's something wrong with my big .avi. When I throw it on programs like Handbrake or VidCoder for conversion, they simply crash. Watch this video to know what I'm talking about:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yno365d8eysrmmb/vidstuff.rar

Here's the information of my big .avi (from Media Info):

Soooo... does someone know what's wrong with my video? What's causing youtube to reject it?

Do you recommend me joining the stuff with something else other than VirtualDub or try something similiar?

I really need your help guys, all of this is giving me a lot of headache and I can't find a solution.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You uploaded your CSCD (Camstudio lossless codec) AVI file to Youtube? It probably doesn't support CSCD. The other programs you tried probably don't support it either. Can open your big file in VirtualDub and scrub all the way through it?
    Quote Quote  
  3. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe the problem is not your AVI. I found that VidCoder 1.4.25 fails to open most files. I had to revert to version 1.4.24 to get anything done. Since VidCoder is based on Handbrake, I suspect the problem is related to the version of Handbrake bundled in VidCoder.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You uploaded your CSCD (Camstudio lossless codec) AVI file to Youtube? It probably doesn't support CSCD. The other programs you tried probably don't support it either. Can open your big file in VirtualDub and scrub all the way through it?
    First I converted the big .avi to .mp4, then I uploaded to youtube and it gave me that error.

Also, I don't think the problem is with CSCD. I converted a single one of my .avis to .mp4, then uploaded to youtube, and the site accepted it perfectly. The problem only happens when I join everything together into a big .avi with VirtualDub then upload it.

I don't know how to scrub all the way through it with VirtualDub. How can I do that?

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
    Maybe the problem is not your AVI. I found that VidCoder 1.4.25 fails to open most files. I had to revert to version 1.4.24 to get anything done. Since VidCoder is based on Handbrake, I suspect the problem is related to the version of Handbrake bundled in VidCoder.
    I installed v1.4.24.0, then opened the .avi with it. Still gave me the same error.
    Last edited by synnchan; 22nd Mar 2014 at 20:07.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by synnchan View Post
    First I converted the big .avi to .mp4, then I uploaded to youtube and it gave me that error.
    What codecs did you use in the MP4 file?

Originally Posted by synnchan View Post
    I don't know how to scrub all the way through it with VirtualDub. How can I do that?
    Just grab the slider and move back and forth through the video.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What codecs did you use in the MP4 file?
    Here's the info:

Just grab the slider and move back and forth through the video.
    I just managed to do it. There doesn't seem to be any problem.
    Quote Quote  
  7. The stats of the MP4 file look ok as far as I can tell. Does it play normally on your computer?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes it does. I've tried it on 3 different video players: VLC, MPC and GOM. It works fine on all of them.

Youtube rejects it, though. Maybe I should try uploading again...?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Try making a short video with exactly the same procedure. See if that uploads to Youtube properly.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've done that already, it worked fine.

Is there not another way to join multiple .avi + wav other than VirtualDub...?
    Quote Quote  
  11. AviDemux can append AVI files. But I doubt that's the problem because you've already converted the AVI to MP4 and the MP4 is ok. Maybe it was just bad luck with the upload to Youtube.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wanna try AviDemux anyway.

How can I join .wav with it?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by synnchan View Post
    I wanna try AviDemux anyway.

How can I join .wav with it?
    Make sure your wav files have video attached to them as well.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I don't think AviDemux can add audio to a collection of video tracks. Use AviDemux to join all your AVI files, then add the WAV audio while encoding to MP4 -- with whatever program you were using for that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I did not understand why you use the camstudio codec if can use UT Video RGB codec. For any emulator its very nice codec, fast and very good size/quality.

What is the real reason?

Try Sony Vegas to create your big file, encode to mp4 using Ripbot264. Its works on Youtube.

Ps: your YT account get 15minutes extend??
    Last edited by Cauptain; 23rd Mar 2014 at 13:00.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I've never used it but AVI Mux GUI might be able to join your audio and video files.
    Quote Quote