VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Newbie here and not sure which section to put this question in so apologies if i'm in 'the wrong one'!!

I have an LG RHT-497H DVD recorder and been trying to offload files from the HD to a flash drive via the USB port. I looked in the instruction manual but found nothing relating to this other than a diagram of the front controls showing where the USB port is.

Does anyone know the sequence for offloading from the HD to USB?

Any help/info appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's in the manual. Pg 30.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    According to the manual discs or hdd can not be copied to the usb,it's only used for media playback.It's only 1.1 usb and to copy 4 gb of dvd-video would take a long time if you could anyways.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    What johns0 said, plus to add that DVD recorders usually if not always encrypt what they record specifically to prevent you from doing what you propose. The manufacturers had to agree to this to placate Hollywood. Hollywood can't legally stop you from having DVD recorders or DVRs but they certainly can legally make it damn near impossible for you to directly copy the recorded contents off any hard drives those devices use for video storage.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If your LG was a slightly older model you could offload the HDD contents to your computer with special software. Sadly yours does not fall into that category as far as I know.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    According to the manual discs or hdd can not be copied to the usb,it's only used for media playback. It's only 1.1 usb and to copy 4 gb of dvd-video would take a long time if you could anyways.
    Somehow i felt this would be the case. A shame really as it's much easier to use USB.

Thanks for that anyway.
    Quote Quote