VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I am creating a menu with 6 videos in DVDStyler. As it turns out, For the title selection in a video, it does not permit JPG images -- I have to use the actual videos themselves. I have attached to this post an image of my DVD menu. Note that the bottom-middle video title is "Newspapers as Primary Source Material." This is how I want the other 5 videos to appear - with the title of the video. ALL 6 videos have several seconds of a title page. For some reason, the other 5 videos seem to have picked another frame several seconds after the title frames. How do I re-save my current videos so that a title frame appears in the thumbnail video?

Thanks in advance.

Rick Brown
    HistoryBuff.com
    A Nonprofit Organization
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DVD-menu.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	273.7 KB
ID:	24211  

Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Historybuff View Post
    As it turns out, For the title selection in a video, it does not permit JPG images -- I have to use the actual videos themselves.
    And it doesn't permit BMP images, either? If not, do you know how to turn your image into a 1 or 2 frame video? Its sister program - DVDAuthorGUI - has the ability to take a BMP and turn it into an M2V for use in menus.

The list of features mentions the import of pictures for menus:

http://www.dvdstyler.org/en/
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is the message I get when I try to generate a DVD:

"Warning: using of mplex (mjpegs-tool) for generation of menus with audio is disabled. This can produce not compliant DVD."

In configurations/core neither mplex is checked off. What am I doing wrong?

Is there an extensive "How to" manual for DVDStyler? So far I have spent over 25 hours trying to produce one DVD with 6 short videos and have not produced satisfactory output yet. Also, "Preview" does not work for me. Windows Media Player opens up automatically when the preview is completed but nothing else happens. I've even waited several minutes for the preview to start but it never does.

Thanks, Rick
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Historybuff View Post
    This is the message I get when I try to generate a DVD:

"Warning: using of mplex (mjpegs-tool) for generation of menus with audio is disabled. This can produce not compliant DVD."
    I don't use the program. I use DVDAuthorGUI when wanting menus, so someone else with experience can help, maybe. As for that error message, when wanting an image with audio I use Muxman. Open a 720x480/576 BMP (only a BMP), add in DVD-compliant audio, and make a little DVD that will last the length of the audio. I have no idea whether or not it'll be accepted by DVD Styler. Or try making the M2V in DVDAuthorGUI (unless that's what you did). In the DVD Styler setup somewhere, is there the choice to use something else besides MPlex for muxing?

So far I have spent over 25 hours trying to produce one DVD with 6 short videos and have not produced satisfactory output yet.
    25 hours? After preparing the assets (video, audio, menu backgrounds, menu audio, etc.) it takes me about 10-15 minutes to set up DVDAuthorGUI to have it make the buttons and menu commands. If DVDStyler isn't for you, then maybe it's time to try a different program. As for thorough tutorials, there's only the guide listed at the bottom of the DVD Styler page, but it tells you everything you need to know. Lots of people swear by it here, but I never liked it much when I tried it out briefly.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Believe me, I downloaded and installed at least ten different programs to create DVDs. All but one of them had the features I wanted. I also tried DVDAuthorGUI but could not figure out how to start!!! When I opened "Menu" it was empty. The problem is DVDStyler is that there almost NO documentation or help files. All the help file shows is a few screenshots. Of the 60 different configurations possible, I had to do trail and error dozen of times -- What does this button do? If I click this one what does it do? etc. That is why I have spent 25 hours trying to get what I want.

Thanks for your help anyway. I appreciate it.

Rick Brown
    Quote Quote  
  6. As for DVDAuthorGUI having nothing in the menus section, that's because you make your own menu backgrounds. It doesn't provide any templates. If you know how to make images similar to the one in your first post, then you're good to go.

Maybe, if you like templates that are supposed to make the job easier (at the same time making your menus look like they came out of a template), then there are good and reasonably priced commercial programs available, ones such as DVD-Lab (and its Pro version) and TMPGEnc Authoring Works. Good luck.
    Quote Quote