VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been looking for a photo resizer that runs on snow leopard for my sister. Features I need:

- batch processing
    - canvas resizing
    - cropping by aspect ratio

Everything I've looked at so far falls short. I use faststone photo resizer on windows is there something like it in mac land?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Search MacUpdate for Mac apps.
    Perhaps Sizerox, Photo Batcher or EasyBatchPhoto do what you want/need?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, Sizerox looks to be what I need, but I'll only know when I get to her place. Before I stumbled on the Faststone program I was making due with an incomplete solution that didn't handle photos in portrait orientation properly. Now portrait photos get resized and centered on a black landscape canvas, it's perfect for digital photo frames.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can batch resize in the Gimp, although I'm not 100% sure that the Mac version has that feature.
    There are many ways to measure success. You just have to find your own yardstick.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm afraid the Gimp or even Photoshop is well beyond my sister's computer skills. I tried Sizerox and like most similar PC programs it doesn't deal well with photos in portrait orientation. I used Light Image Resizer before I found FastStone Photo Resizer; I always had to use Photoshop to resize portrait images. I didn't mind it, but I know it's not for her. I think the feature that makes all the difference is the ability to control the canvas in FastStone Photo Resizer which is not available in the other resizer.
    Quote Quote