VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do a lot of things with video game footage through Sony Vegas Pro 10, I recently found out that Disabling Resampling is a smart thing to do (after seeing that the default Smart Resampling was blurring certain bits of footage something awful), I was also told having Reduce Interlace Flicker on all the time is good.

I tried a render with it both on and off and didn't see any difference, I suppose because it was a progressive capture from my Xbox 360 and would only help footage that's actually interlaced... like from the PS2 or whatnot, I just wanted to check to save any headaches later, are there any possibly downsides to having this option checked all the time?
    Quote Quote  
  2. reduce vertical resolution - IMHO OK for interlace video, not recommended for progressive video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Interlace flicker reduction works by blurring horizontal edges. You should not use it unless you are producing interlaced video or watching on an interlaced display.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ah okay, so I should only do it for older console capture that's at 480i or 571i (or whatever the PAL is, I forget), gotcha.
    Quote Quote