VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi everyone!

I made a project in sony vegas. I put 2 videos next to each other so one plays on the left while the other plays on the right. I made the left video more narrow.

BUT, when I try to render it, it shows in its original size again.. And I want it to be the size I placed it in.

How do I do this?

I already tried with timeline tools but it doesnt seem to work.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Two thoughts: You're rendering the timeline, correct? Not the original clip?

When you resized your video on the left it should have created a new keyframe at the point on the timeline where you did it. Are you sure you modified or deleted the starting keyframe of the clip. Is there any point in your clip where it looks the way you intended?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Yes thats what I mean, rendering the timeline.

The original image isnt on the timeline, and when I play it in preview all is perfect as I want it.

But then I select render (as I always do), and I see a preview of the final output as rendering continues... And the image is streched.

BUT, I found a way how to stop it. I basically saved it in a higher format. I dont remember what exactly it was that I selected.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm really not understanding what you're saying, but it sounds like you have it sorted. Well done.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This question opens the door to discuss the pros/cons of using Pan/Crop or TrackMotion to do transforms. The Ope doesn't mention it, curiously.

There is a distinct difference between the way the two tools operate, although they appear, on face value, to do the same, or similar, thing but in an inverse manner.

Actually, Pan/Crop and TrackMotion complement each other and work well in tandem. TrackMotion can also "pan" a shot, but it cannot crop. Therein lies one of the secrets, that TrackMo positions the track, whilst Pan/Crop positions the event.

So when you're compositing a lot of tracks you need to "plumb out" the workflow in your brain first or anomalies can occur that will appear to be the fault of Vegas, but actually it's the user's error.

Most of the issues have to do with pixelization introduced via mismatch anomalies having to do with resolution. There's a lot of dynamics going on in that small space of tools.

I'm not trying to bling out my post with a bunch-o ten dollar words, but bigger words are required up here in the stratosphere. Good editing starts by visualizing the end, then working backwards, and building it in your mind back to the beginning.

But on the same token, you can't put a ten dollar cut on a fifty cent head. If you're a Moe, Curly, or Larry, there's no hope of success.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by budwzr; 19th Mar 2014 at 19:37.
    Quote Quote