VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looking for a program that can write Header Info for .MTS (AVCHD) files that were accidentally created without it.

These are important video files that have no header info but are otherwise intact.

Any help most appreciated.

Thanks.

Search PM
    There may be some online "repair" services that can do this (I know there are some for MP4). Wouldn't hurt to try.

Otherwise, it would be some hard work with a number of apps, including a hex editor. And that's IF you can easily tell where the media actually starts & stops.

There are some past threads here that go into AVI & MP4 header repair, with similar situations to your own camcorder mishap. Do a lookup of those and you might find more links.

Scott

3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many thanks. Been researching the process to accomplish this - I know it might be too much to expect a stand alone program that can analyze these clips and generate applicable header info for them. Without it, they're unopenable. This was caused by a malfunctioning mem chip.

Search PM
    Got that from the other thread. Problem I see in yours that might be more unique: whereas most other probs have been where cams record ok until the end. Then they crap out and still haven't written header data. Yet media data (up til point of crap) is valid. Yours, we wouldn't know if even the media data is valid, particularly if the mem chip was faulty.

Need to do a hex pattern match against known-good media stream data to see if you suspect data at least follows the good format...

Scott