VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Here's another article with a bit more balanced coverage. The thing to retain is nothing is 100% secure, don't let a sandbox lull you into a sense of invulnerability, in the end it still falls onto the user to surf wisely.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'll second Nic's vote of confidence about "nothing" and "100% security".

And just last week, didn't I see IE 10-11 was The Most Vulnerable because of its built-in Flash module. Wait - I thought JavaRunTime ruined all of those. Wait... I think the shark's in the pond-!!

Or is it... "Watery tarts lyin' in ponds, distributin' swords is no basis for..."?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nope, nothing is totally secure, but I'll still choose a slightly more secure browse over a slightly less secure browser.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's not about the car, it's how you drive it. Take the safest car in the world and crash it into a stone wall, see what happens. Take the most secure web browser into the darkest caves of the internet. Same result. Don't you love analogy.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  5. It's not about the car, it's how you drive it. Take the safest car in the world and crash it into a stone wall, see what happens. Take the most secure web browser into the darkest caves of the internet. Same result. Don't you love analogy.
    I liked this one. As a matter of fact, in this winter my expensive car rolled back on a downhill over black-ice plates without proper control and banged the pole one the back. Anyway, I got it fixed.

I also supports anti-piracy and that is why I am out of Windows. I already paid proper price when ever necessary.
    As far as I know, my kernel is hacked, my browser is hacked, plus softwares I use have back-doors.
    Plus, my email id (is hacked) belongs to someone who is highly interested me.
    And, I AM STILL HERE ON VH. The deal is WiN-WiN here, coz I am getting what I want (FuN), and they are also getting what they want.

When some one talk to me about Internet Security and Communications, I reply "you must be joking!"
    Quote Quote  
  6. On top that I do not have any anti-virus and firewalls. I found almost 164 infections, last time when I scan KiD's Game PC where buch of community kids play games. I really can not think about mine.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Couples of Questions, after re-reading

1) Which is the most secure web browser? as title of thread says "firefox is the least secure browser..."
    I think that we should use a reliable antivirus and firewall with every browser....
    2) Which is the most reliable (100% full-proof) anti-virus?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    1) I use Chrome and Firefox and nothing else. Both have probably long ago patched the Pwn2Own exploits (this thread is almost a month old). For various reasons, and I admit that some of them are good ones, Microsoft is the slowest to patch horrible day zero exploits in IE and Apple is only marginally better with patching Safari exploits. I have no information on other browsers and how good or bad they are.
    2) There isn't a 100% fool-proof anti-virus. All of them miss some things they shouldn't miss and have false positives on things that are OK. Even the expensive commercial ones act this way. I used to use the free AVG but they made it so incredibly difficult to get the free version that I decided to go with Avast instead. All the anti-virus products miss different things and find different false positives. All you can do is pick one and hope for the best. Not going to suspicious websites is a good start.
    Quote Quote