VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am deaf and I wanted to watch Time Bandits but they never released it with English subtitle (which is moronic since DVD do have subtitle, they have no excuse!! ) I need to find the address so I can pay poopsenders to send them a box of poop.

I can rip the DVD and extract the subtitle as I have the DVD of Time Bandits with English subtitle but I am a bit lost. What do I need to rip the BD for the movie, and add subtitle track so I can play them? I can play them on my computer to my 32" TV or burn them with soft subtitle and play it on my BD player.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might look at this thread: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/335872-Add-DVD-Subtitles-to-a-BlueRay

And those DVD subs may not sync with the Blu-ray video, so more work may be involved.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK I got the subtitles ripped from the DVD and converted to SRT, and I have multiAVCHD running but I can't see an option to add subtitle. Is that later or?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by impmon2 View Post
    What do I need to rip the BD for the movie, and add subtitle track so I can play them?
    1) A BD-ROM or BD-RW drive in your computer.
    2) A BD decrypter that runs in the background, like AnyDVDHD or DVDFabPasskey.
    3) Clown_BD to extract main movie.
    4) MKVmerge (GUI for mkvtoolnix, which you also need), to mux the subs.

First you rip main movie with Clown_BD, and with driver-level decrypter running in background. Clown_BD will automatically select the longest titleset, which should be main movie. While you're at it, convert the audio to 640 kb/s AC3. Extract. Open MKVmerge and load the playlist file (*.mpls) in the BDMV folder in your decrypted/extracted movie. Add the *.srt subtitle. Mux as MKV file. MKVs can be played from external hard drive (connected to player via USB) by most newer BD standalone players. Or perhaps even connected directly to TV if the TV is newish and has an onboard media player.

Alternatively, you use EasySUP to convert your *.srt file into *.sup (BD subtitle). Choose 1080p for the *.sup. Then you take the main movie and load the playlist file in tsmuxer. Add your *.sup (subtitle) file. Output as BD (Blu-Ray folder). This way you can burn to a Blu-Ray disc if your setup won't handle the first option above. If your muxed files are over 23 GB, you'd need to re-encode with BDRB to bring the size down.

If your *.srt file timings don't match your Blu-Ray, try downloading the subs from subscene or opensubtitles.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by impmon2 View Post
    OK I got the subtitles ripped from the DVD and converted to SRT, and I have multiAVCHD running but I can't see an option to add subtitle. Is that later or?
    When you add the video click on it right below where it says compilation,a menu will open up.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	24139  

I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried this but at the end I keep getting error at line 29. I tried plain rip without subtitle and got error at line 29. It almost looks like the app got bugged on my computer, I can't tell if it's to something else I have installed or what.

I ended up using WinAVI ripped and ripped the movie straight to AVI, then using Media Player Classic to load AVI with the external subtitle to play it. There was timing issue, all I did was to make it delay by -3 seconds to make it very close to dialog.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Make sure you have ffdshow,haali media splitter and java installed to use multiavchd properly.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Old thread I realize but 9 months after I needed to rip and combine subtitle and BD video, they finally released Time Bandits BD with English subtitle.
    Quote Quote