VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dolby Atmos

Thread
  1. Mentally Deficient Mr.Delusional's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I was wondering if anyone has a theater near them, that is equipped with this. I have one near me but haven't gone there, due to the price. I think it was $17 or $18 for each ticket.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I saw this Dolby Atmos on BBC Click. I wasn't that impressed - surely there must be an optimum place to be sitting in the cinema for this to be effective?

I cant see this new gimmick putting bums on seats.

It certainly wont make the transition to people's homes in the way (well, sort of) that 5.1 surround sound did. I mean, who's gonna want a ton of speakers in the ceiling?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mentally Deficient Mr.Delusional's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Well "Dolby Atmos" is coming to home cinemas. I'd provide links but I won't, because I'm not gonna promote the manufacturers of said product. (just google it) We hardly have any 7.1 tracks released on bluray. Not to mention lossless disc's that have yet to surface for consumers. So, I for one could care less. I'm still waiting on a five disc bluray player. (sorry, not everyone wants to rip and converts their disc's just to be able to play them through their streaming media player)

Anyways leave your own complaints or responses about what you have wanted but haven't received disc (movies) wise.

edit: I guess "Barco Auro 11.1" is "Dolby Atmos's" competion at cinemas.
    Last edited by Mr.Delusional; 28th Jul 2014 at 02:14.
    Quote Quote