VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi
    i get this effect in playing the movie by all players. format is mkv.
    Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1280x720 23.976fps [V: (h264 high L3.1, yuv420p, 1280x720) [default]]
    what can i do?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	24088  

Quote Quote  
  2. Looks like side-by-side encoded 3D content.
    Unless your player supports 3D content and converts it to the 3D output format supported by your display, this is the way it is ment to be displayed.

You could use ffdshow or similar to crop and stretch the video plane during playback (cropping to 640x720 and then stretching the result to 1280x720).

what can i do?
    What do you not like about the output?

Cu Selur

Ps.: If you don't want to playback the content on 3D capable devices, don't download 3D content.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, did a differencing test: it's SbS 3D material alright. Nothing wrong with it. I can see the (mild) z-space.

BTW, @Selur, SbS isn't really meant to be displayed as such, that's just it's STORAGE formatting. It is extremely rare for an image formatted in that way to be given direct to a viewer (the only time that happens is with a physical barrier stereopticon-type device, or when done with defocussed-eye Parallel or Cross-eyed Freeview). Usually it is displayed with L/R alternating images sent to synced LC active shutterglasses, or to a cross-polarized screen seen from complimentarily-polarized glasses. Or (lowest common denominator) down-colored to Anaglyph for use with Rd/Cy or Gr/Mg or Bl/Yl Glasses.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. @Cornopia: I thought it was ment to be displayed that way if not feed to a 3D capable player.
    (unlike mvc, which should only show one view if played with a normal avc decoder)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yeah, but not by smart design, just because it isn't smart enough to do anything else with it. That is one of the faults in "frame compatible" formats vs. "Service compatible". FC doesn't provide any means to distinguish between 2d & 3d (barring possibly sisvel/3dz), and standard unenhanced players do not have any way to extract & display only a normal 2d monoscopic image (without manual/plugin assistance). In those circumstances, it really shouldn't be displayed at all.
    Which is I think why the OP came to us with his problem in the first place. Of course, we still don't know his intent.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oh yes, ur right. ineed the video has had no error. it has been me that didn't know it was designed to be played in a 3D tv. is there any way else to play it? can i see it in a normal PC?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, for a straight 2d version, you can watch in Stereoscopic Player or Stereo Movie Player by setting the view mode to 2d/monoscopic. You could also do this with a 3d-to-2d conversion avisynth script which would frameserve (feed) a number of players & editors. I remember one of the previous 3d threads I was in showing this very script, IIRC. Probably other options, too, but that ought to get you by.

Scott
    Quote Quote