VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi! My name is Billy... and this is my first post. First of all, I have Pinnacle Studio 16 Ultimate. I have some footage of two women sitting on motorcycles in front of a green screen. Then we recorded some footage driving around in the back of a truck. The footage is just of the road. The problem I am having is that when we put that in as the green screen background, the women on the motorcycles are running over cars, people, mailboxes... I was wondering what the best way is to fix that so they are riding only on the road for the entire segment, which is a couple of minutes long.

Thank you so much for reading this!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you didn't plan and shoot the appropriate background for the action you greenscreened. Post a sample or a still of the issue if I misunderstood.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You're not going to like it - but you probably have to reshoot the "road" footage so there are no cars, people, mailboxes.... At least do better planning of the shot beforehand

There might be some other post work you can do (like removing cars, people, mailboxes), but it will be a LOT of work and probably easier to reshoot

If you post sample footage or at least a better description we can tell you what might be possible - it's not clear what the orientation is
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Find a long enough clean section and try to loop it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Oh, come on. With 3D warping + zooming, bezier masks, multiple FG/BG layers and clever editing, it might still be possible to use what's already gotten. Not at all optimal, and somewhat noticeable in it's distortions (possibly to the point of cheeziness), but could be workable.

However, given you're working w/ Pinnacle and haven't really done GS/Chromakey/Matting work before (hence the lack of preplanning), my suggestion doesn't sound likely to be reached this time out.

You can either:
    1. Reshoot the Greenscreen to match the Trucking shots
    2. Reshoot the Trucking shots to match the Greenscreen
    3. Reshoot both, having planned & choreographed where, when & how you are going to accomplish the MatchMoves

or
    4. Give up and use a different idea

@budwzr, yeah "limited animation" backgrounds.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you reshoot the road footage you may want to try find a road that is not used much. Also, try to determine the best time of day (or night) to shoot when traffic is minimal.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It's also better to match the light angle.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I saw this same thing being done live in Las Vegas, as a sidewalk attraction, and it does look pretty cool and funny, but they did the chroma key live like a weather show.

The BG footage was choreographed.
    Quote Quote