VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

Can somebody direct me to the region free file for my Pioneer DVR - 530H-S, the link on this site below returns an error

Thank you

https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/pioneer-dvr-530h/5717

Correction - The link within the link above returns an error ( edited 20.55. UK Time )
    Last edited by corrie90; 12th Mar 2014 at 15:55.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, you would not be able to access that link directly since the UK ISPs now block all access to this site.

But we are talking about a 6/7 year-old hack here. Unless your player is that old, I would have thought that the firmware has been updated since then and that hack will no longer work.

If you still want to try to get it, you would have to install a VPN or proxy on your PC to fool your ISP that you are not in the UK.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Yes, you would not be able to access that link directly since the UK ISPs now block all access to this site.
    "this site" must mean The P*rate B*y, which is in the link referred to, rather than THIS site which is VideoHelp. Just wanted to make that clear as "this" is a bit ambiguous.

Presumably the original poster could look into VPN software to route his connection through another country and perhaps be able to get the file that way, but as DB83 points out, hacks that old may not work if your firmware is updated to a version after that hack came out.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't access that link either, get error 404(not found)......
    I also took DB83s post as to mean that the UK had blocked all of VH's site which I thought rather odd and it makes more sense that they may have blocked access to the site linked in the OPs link.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I was communicating cryptically (The P*rate B*y) link was what I was pointing towards .. I have edited a correction to the original post

My firmware version details below :- .. Caps are only because this is how it appears on my screem
    VERSION 3.48
    SYSCON:RELEASE_323
    TUFLCON: 855.004
    DRIVE:1.56
    DEVICE;PRIM2 ES2
    REGION:2

Given the info above can I still make this DVR Region free ? I just took hold of the 530H-S today as my DVR-720H-S went belly up and I need to play my edits out via iLink which the 530hH-S does without any issues ...

Sorry never installed a VPN on my PC ( I am not a computer Luddite ) but I just want to be able to download this fix ( if my firmware version allows it )

Ps if anybody has a info hash number, I can get it that way

Thanks
    Last edited by corrie90; 12th Mar 2014 at 15:56.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You do realise the purpose of making a dvd-player Region Free ?

What exactly do you mean by "Play out my edits".
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I play out in real time edits from my editing time line straight into the DVR 530H and then record onto DVD via iLink

I also watch DVD's with my wife when we have spare moments - I was able to make my old 720H region free but that has broken down so I was hoping to make my 530H region free as well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well the Region Free hack will not have any effect on the ability to play out edits.

So I assume you do have some non-UK sourced dvds. This will appear basic to almost all who read this but you are not convincing me of the need for this hack at present.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The play outs have nothing to do with my wish to make this DVR region free .. you asked me to explain what I meant by "Play out my edits".

Which I have done, may be a provided to much information that has confused the issue.

Simply put .. I would like to continue watching a collection of DVD's that we have that are not region 2 DVD's ... I can no longer do this as my 720H is busted, I purchased a 530H that is locked to Region 2 and I would like to make it region free
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is where I confused things ( my 2nd contribution ) sorry about that
    ================================================== ==================================================

Given the info above can I still make this DVR Region free ? I just took hold of the 530H-S today as my DVR-720H-S went belly up and I need to play my edits out via iLink which the 530hH-S does without any issues ...
    ================================================== ==================================================
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was not trying to be-little you. Just to establish that you really needed this hack.

I did a little googling and came across this:

http://www.multiregionupgrades.co.uk/upgrades/pioneer/dvr530.htm

Might be worth trying to contact them.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I did see that link earlier today and was going to use it in the event of me not getting anything that might of helped with my first post query, i.e the link within the link.

I will wait a little while just in case something comes up, or I will just have to swallow the cost that is not to far away from what I paid for the DVR but I am not complaining.

Thanks DB83
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would also search these forums for advice on web-proxies which might gain you access to P*r*t* B*y

You will still need torrent software.

Also check out the links on this page:

http://arwebzone.com/best-free-proxy-websites/

Not used any of these but you may 'get in' with these sites
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Was not sure I could use the word " Torrent " here, I will look at the link you sent me and try to move in that direction as this is a potential firmware fix for my machine.
    Last edited by corrie90; 13th Mar 2014 at 03:15.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I used a proxy to search the link referred to in my original post on P*r*t* B*y and it now appears that the file no longer exists - just in case any body else wanted to locate it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I, at one time, also thought that such sites were taboo on here.

But then I was met with a torrent of vitrol

I would still be very surprised if the link still works. A lot of water has passed by in the last few years. PB AFAIK is no longer .com
    Quote Quote