VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a five minute video shot on an iPhone4 in low light, where the camera kept switching white balance from cool to warm about every 15 seconds. It makes it quite distracting to watch. I tried to fix it with VideoStudioX4, but I can't seem to get a consistent adjustment, other than just go to BW.

My question is a more powerful video editor out there that could do a decent job at automatically fixing that.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Nope. Autowhite and autogain = work of the devil. You need a camera that allows you to disable both.

Yes, there are far more advanced editors, processing apps, and processing methods than Corel VideoStudio. Some are free. But that's another story altogether.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 03:27.
    Quote Quote  
  3. There are various iphone apps that allow you to lock white balance, focus and fps (vfr being another of the devil's jokes.) Most of them are too inconvenient for a typical spontaneous iPhone video moment. And obviously won't help your current situation.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use ProCamera to lock WB. Unfortunately, my sister who shot the video does not.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wherever the white looks blue, move that hue toward red. Wherever it looks red, move that hue toward blue. All the other colors will automatically correct.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Wherever the white looks blue, move that hue toward red. Wherever it looks red, move that hue toward blue. All the other colors will automatically correct.
    Do that every 15 seconds, in reverse each time, while the video plays ?IF the balance is changing every few seconds, you can try an autowhite filter to see if it automatically catches the shifting color. There are three possibilities: it will work, or it won't change anything, or it will make it look worse.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 03:27.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    IF the balance is changing every few seconds, you can try an autowhite filter to see if it automatically catches the shifting color. There are three possibilities: it will work, or it won't change anything, or it will make it look worse.
    If the autowhite filter to too strong, you can duplicate the video track and apply the filter to the top overlay track. Then adjust opacity to get the best desired results. You could also experiment using blending modes if you'd like.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote