VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello folks,

I'm trying to save videos from a particular website. For example, the first video on this page. Direct link to MP4 of the video in question.

I used to have no problem using simple Firefox Add-ons to save the files. However, now that no longer works. The downloads keep hanging and rarely download anything. If they do, it's generally less than 10% of the file.

I have also tried GetFLV without success. Directly navigating to the MP4 file does not work either.

When I open up the Firefox console there does not seem to be anything else streaming except the MP4 file. So I'm at a loss.

Thanks for any help you may offer.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe a link to the problem video would help us. Not sure what your subject title has to do with your problem.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. I linked to it in my OP, but here's the link again. First embedded video on this page.

The website uses JWPlayer extension in Joomla.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It seems that the stream is inconsistent.

The first time I tried the page, the video failed to load - just a revolving graphic.

The second time, the video played almost instantly

And now the third time, when to test with s/w, back to square one.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    It seems that the stream is inconsistent.

The first time I tried the page, the video failed to load - just a revolving graphic.

The second time, the video played almost instantly

And now the third time, when to test with s/w, back to square one.
    Any idea what the possible causes/solutions for this could be?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Can't help here. I have 'no script' installed so no video displayed for me.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was able to grab two of the short interviews on that page with Jaksta.

I would guess that the first video would also download if the server got it to play.

edit:

Jaksta got it in the background even tho it did not play in the browser (in fact it got it twice due to refreshes)
    Last edited by DB83; 9th Mar 2014 at 16:44.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Deceased
    Search PM
    The video downloads to the browser cache (faster than real-time playback). I was able to copy a good MP4 out of the IE cache using nirsoft VideoCacheView. The video temp file saved by firefox was not usable, only the IE copy (hex compare is very different).

I was not able to download a good MP4 directly or using any of the utilities or extensions mentioned previously in this thread.
    Quote Quote