Codec ID : 129
    Duration : 53mn 44s
    Bit rate : 256 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : -980ms
    Stream size : 98.4 MiB (3%)

could somebody provide a good .avs script for this source?

This is the script I used:

LoadPlugin("E:\MeGUI_2112_x86\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll ")
    ffindex("C:\HDTV.ts", demuxer="lavf")
    FFVideoSource("C:\HDTV.ts", threads=1, fpsnum=25, fpsden=1)
    LoadPlugin("E:\MeGUI_2112_x86\tools\masktools-v2.0a48\mt_masktools-26.dll")
    Import("E:\MeGUI_2112_x86\tools\avisynth_plugin\Sr estore.avsi")
    bob(0,0)
    srestore()
    Spline36Resize(1280,720) # Spline36 (Neutral)
    LoadPlugin("E:\MeGUI_2112_x86\tools\avisynth_plugi n\FluxSmooth.dll")
    FluxSmoothST(7,7)

This script ends up with 23.976 fps but I don't know if this should be the proper framerate....

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Without seeing the source that script doesn't make much sense,...
    Why the whole bob&srestore ? Why not stay with the 25fps of the input? (is AVCHD/Blu-ray compatibility needed? Then why not go for 50fps?)
    Why the smoothing? (Is the source that crappy?)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I don't want 50fps, just to retain the fps the source has. Not looking for perfection, just a simple, good script.

Here's a sample:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fkfgwp
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Your source is 25fps interlaced. Why are you using srestore? What do you want for output? 25fps interlaced? 50p (that would be the standard for 1280x720). If you want same-as-source, it's 25i.

If "quality" is your concern, bob() won't get you there. I'd go for yadif, minimum. QTGMC would be best. A single run of FluxSmoothST won't solve the noise problem. You have some bad block noise and shimmery grain due to low bitrate artifacts. Running denoisers after you resize is a waste of time; resizing beforehand makes the low-bitrate noise look worse.

Didn't have time this afternoon to come up with a script with specific filters. I'm certain others will chime in before I can return later.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 03:39.
    Quote Quote  
  5. ffVideoSource() doesn't work well with someTS files. I remux to MKV first with MMG, then:

Code:
    ffVideoSource("HDTV.mkv", fpsnum=25000, fpsden=1000) 
    AssumeTFF()
    QTGMC(preset="fast")
    Spline36Resize(1280,720)
    If you need 25 fps add SelectEven() or SelectOdd() to the end of the script. But you should leave it at 50 fps for smoother motion, especially with all that jerky camera work.

Your source is 25 fps but it's interlaced -- so it has 50 different pictures per second.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 8th Mar 2014 at 20:06.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The main problem I had with your sample was decoding it correctly. Sometimes when I tried something a little demanding in the filtering department I started getting frames out of order. It happened with both the FFMS and LSmash indexers, so maybe it was just the sample and the way it was cut. Interlaced AVC can be a pain.

I resized it to 720p, opened the script with MPC-HC and ran it fullsceen on my TV. I couldn't really pick the resized version from the original. 720p will also let you de-interlace to 50fps rather than 25fps, which would make the motion smoother. Most players should play 50fps video up to 720p.

Code:
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
    FFVideoSource("E:\HDTV.mkv", cachefile="D:\HDTV.mkv.ffindex", fpsnum=25, fpsden=1, threads=1)

Load_Stdcall_Plugin("C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_plugin\yadif.dll")
    Yadif(mode=1, order=-1) # "Yadif (with Bob)" in MeGUI

Spline36Resize(1280,720)

tr = 1 # Temporal radius
    mt = true # Internal multithreading
    lsb = false # 16-bit
    thSAD = 200 # denoising strength
    blksize = 16 # block size
    overlap = 4 # block overlap
    super = MSuper (mt=true)
    multi_vec = MAnalyse (super, mt=true, multi=true, blksize=blksize, overlap=overlap, delta=tr)
    MDegrainN (super, multi_vec, tr, mt=true, lsb=lsb, thSAD=thSAD, thSAD2=150)
    The QTGMC de-interlacing jagabo suggested is better than Yadif and I use it lots myself, but it's very slow. In this case I'd use Yadif simply because the video is 1080i and I've put off upgrading this PC for far too long.
    If you deinterlaced with QTGMC you wouldn't need the denoising I added, which I use a bit myself and stole from here (there's a link to the required plugins). You can generally leave it as is and increase/decrease the amount of denoising by changing the "thSAD" value. If you have Avisynth installed (not just the portable version MeGUI uses) you can put the plugins in the standard Avisynth plugins folder and they'll still auto-load regardless of whether MeGUI or another program is opening the script. That way, you don't need to load them in each script.

My apologies to sanlyn for resizing before denoising, but this PC really is slow.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by hello_hello; 9th Mar 2014 at 05:22. Reason: Attached sample
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimjes it works, sometimes it doesn't (resize/denoise -vs- denoise/resize). I think the denoiser and the character of the noise might have something to do with it.

I did something similar, no sense posting several versions of the same procedures. But I had two problems as well with initial playback: first, VLC Player decided that frame 0 should repeat for the entire video, so it's like looking at a still image from start to end. MPC-BE had no problem playing. Rather than struggle with decoders I opened the .ts file in TMPGenc Video Mastering Works and decoded it to Lagarith lossles AVI and PCM in about 25 seconds.

I had to use the ColorMatrix plugin to start the Avisynth script taking color from BT709 to BT601, then back to BT.709 again at the end. Otherwise the results looked a little color-tame compared to the original.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 03:39.
    Quote Quote